The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I love the Strike Gold patch.

Next to Freewheelers Vanishing West 601xx patch with the two butting buffalo, the Strike Gold patch is up there as an all time fave. So frustrating wanting the patch more than any cut of their jean!  :angry:

Umm....well if the patch is all you dig, go the Jort rout with your fav denim of the bunch maybe?  :rolleyes:

I periodically go looking through klax-on / star-foot, hoping that I somehow missed something previously that might mean I could make a pair work.. but the bottom line is that I just don't see a rise / thigh combination that is going to be comfortable. Annoying... yes most definitely.

Umm....well if the patch is all you dig, go the Jort rout with your fav denim of the bunch maybe?  :rolleyes:

Take it from this big idiot right here...jorts don't solve the rise/thigh problem, they make it so the entirety of the pants are ill fitting.  

Add me to the list that would jump all over any cut SG did that had me covered in terms of rise/thigh.  I'd take a crazy funzo tapered left leg, flared right leg, if that's what it took.

I periodically go looking through klax-on / star-foot, hoping that I somehow missed something previously that might mean I could make a pair work.. but the bottom line is that I just don't see a rise / thigh combination that is going to be comfortable. Annoying... yes most definitely.

Take it from this big idiot right here...jorts don't solve the rise/thigh problem, they make it so the entirety of the pants are ill fitting.  

Add me to the list that would jump all over any cut SG did that had me covered in terms of rise/thigh.  I'd take a crazy funzo tapered left leg, flared right leg, if that's what it took.

Whats the problem with their rise/thigh proportions? I've been wanting a pair since SE started carrying them, but I see a major bummer coming on the horizon... 

I find the 1105 nearly one of the best fitting jeans for me, the rise isn't too low for me.  It's a close jean to one of my all time favorites which is RJB's 106BSP jean.

I find the 1105 nearly one of the best fitting jeans for me, the rise isn't too low for me. It's a close jean to one of my all time favorites which is RJB's 106BSP jean.

How does the top block of the 1105 compare to the Stevenson La Jollas? That's the biggest issue for me. Something narrow through the hips like the flat head 3001 is a no go for me without significant sizing up. In short Kiya, how juicy is dat ass?

Principally too low, too narrow. For post soak / one wash I'd ideally be looking at a 34" waist, 11" rise, and around 12.75" to 13" thigh. Not really happening in any of the cuts from the size tables I've perused.

Come on family Hamamoto, give us a repro cut!

Thanks Hog. Its the narrow that worries me. My hips aren't exactly kardashians but I like a little room. 

Edited by Graytrain

• 2 weeks later...

Hello lads, anyone hear have any pictures of a faded indigo dyed SG sweatshirt? I’m really fascinated to know what kind of evo this will develop.

Thanks,

Mr. Blue

Hello lads, anyone hear have any pictures of a faded indigo dyed SG sweatshirt? I’m really fascinated to know what kind of evo this will develop.

Thanks,

Mr. Blue

Tyler from SEPDX has worn one quite heavily over the last six months, i'll see if it shows much wear yet.

Here are some shots I snapped…it's hard to tell how much it's evolved from photos without having a brand new one to compare it to, but the difference is pretty intense. I've loved the color(s) of this sweatshirt at every point along it's evolution.

Edit: Keep your eyes out for my new kickstarter to fund a camera that doesn't make my photos look like crayon drawings.

DSCN1560.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

DSCN1570.jpg

DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

Edited by tmadd

My regular SG sweat just got a little greyer after seeing the rich color and amazing evo on yours Tyler, now I must get one! :) 

Really wish I grabbed a medium instead of a large which I sold :(

There's still one medium hanging out at SEPDX.

• 2 weeks later...

Strike Golds are my next pair of jeans, for sure. If only they could keep up with their demand...

wow, i have been holding it in for a year and a bit now for 21xx denim. i keep telling myself i have more than enough jawns to fade for the next year or two, and that other items will improve my sartorial life even more than a pair of jeans, but fuck that rationalisation now. hotdamn!

Edited by DhaDha

Strike Golds are my next pair of jeans, for sure. If only they could keep up with their demand...

seriously, it's july now and they (klax-on) were suppose to restock on the 5109s...  but they haven't yet :(  Been waiting since April.

seriously, it's july now and they (klax-on) were suppose to restock on the 5109s...  but they haven't yet :(  Been waiting since April.

The reason is because Self Edge bought (nearly) the entire second run. 

They're not making any more till later this year (if they do at all).

The reason is because Self Edge bought (nearly) the entire second run. 

They're not making any more till later this year (if they do at all).

Well thanks a lot! :)  Actually, I think I might have found some (Regedit said he has some in my size).  You guys are out of my size too. 

Edited by joekix