Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I am still down... like four flats on a dump truck.

It pains me to have to admit that I have not worn these jeans any longer than the bathtub soak and the fit pics.

I simply couldn't commit to any other jeans than the ones I've been wearing fro 266 days now...

I failed the contest by default, but atleast I have a nice fitting pair of jeans waiting for me when I feel like a "quick fade fix"...

660_1382.jpg

660_2332.jpg

660_3110.jpg

660_4653.jpg

660_5824.jpg

will get some outdoor pics in the next week or so..

they have a really dirty/natural hue to them now-

the sun makes the indigo really jump

how does that patch look so pristine.

mine is torn to shreds.

I've oiled it 3 times with obenauf's (right after each wash) and probably because its always under a belt, damn thing is really soft too.

I'm still in this, but the crotch of my jeans is starting to look awful. Part of the problem is that I didn't do a good enough job repairing them, so even the repairs are coming apart, which just looks cheap as hell. I've started getting tired of explaining to people why I don't just buy a new pair of jeans based on the state of my current pair. Then they usually ask why didn't I just buy a nicer pair of jeans in the first place - one that doesn't fall apart after 5 months. You know... like Levi's? Diesel also has nice jeans apparently (sarcasm).

Hopefully when I get back to New York I can take it somewhere to get it repaired professionally and they'll look nicer. I've started to rotate these jeans in with my Hawaiis. I figure even if I don't win the contest, they'll still look fine, and then I'll have two pairs of lightly faded denim as opposed to one pair of unfaded denim and one tattered pile of denim that represents the remains of my contest jeans.

I'm still in this, but the crotch of my jeans is starting to look awful. Part of the problem is that I didn't do a good enough job repairing them, so even the repairs are coming apart, which just looks cheap as hell. I've started getting tired of explaining to people why I don't just buy a new pair of jeans based on the state of my current pair. Then they usually ask why didn't I just buy a nicer pair of jeans in the first place - one that doesn't fall apart after 5 months. You know... like Levi's? Diesel also has nice jeans apparently (sarcasm).

Hopefully when I get back to New York I can take it somewhere to get it repaired professionally and they'll look nicer. I've started to rotate these jeans in with my Hawaiis. I figure even if I don't win the contest, they'll still look fine, and then I'll have two pairs of lightly faded denim as opposed to one pair of unfaded denim and one tattered pile of denim that represents the remains of my contest jeans.

just a question..

How often (or not) did you wash your 660's?

I read this, and look at N-Tice's pics and all i can do is giggle because people never freaking wash their clothes, but expect them to last a lifetime.

it's a woven cotton fabric, it's in your sweaty (warm, humid) crotch for months at a time (5-6) and somehow it's magically supposed to stay as strong as it was on day 1..

i've said it before, but since i had to reinforce the stitching (just the thread) in my crotch area, these jeans have held up for months, and have maintained a LOT of indigo in the low-wear areas

alli can say to people is that I've put these things through hell.....and washed them..at least twice a month

and the denim is in better shape than some pre-washes i own, as well as my pbj007's, which i wore for an unbearably long time before washing.

contest or not i have some sweet jeans that are going to be around for a while.

wash your denims, and they will take care of you.. simple shit.

just a question..

How often (or not) did you wash your 660's?

You're probably right. I've washed them 2 or 3 times since the first wash, and they probably wouldn't be so worn out if I had washed them earlier. But I think 2 or 3 washes in 5 months is a pretty good number. It's at least average or above average for the other jeans in this contest.

thank you thank you.

man but i can't believe it's already six months.

fre$co, my right wallet is a skull half-wallet, and my left wallet is a muji card case holding my razr. i think i've shown them in the dirty dozen and the leather threads before. speaking of, maybe it's time to post some updates on those, too.

mirror, i think the trick is in having a strong single light source and to angle it down so that it brings out the textures in the jeans (as well as the carpet in my case). i've been reading how some denim bloggers photograph their stuff, and i was surprised at how number of them seem to shoot their stuff indoors at night, with their desk lamps and stuff.