Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

haha.

yea i already got negrep for that.

that's my neighbor holding them.

he was walking past me and i recruited him to hold my smelly ass jeans.

i'm stuck wearing my stretched out edwins.

it's weird as hell to wear another pair after the warehouse for 4-5 months.

edit.

grouse beat me.

^ No idea how the wiskering got so symmetrical, but I did wear the jeans when they were wet after the initial soak to set in the the wiskers. I also think that wiskers have a lot to do with rise and more importantly, fabric. My first pair of raw denim was my LVC 1947, and they feel somewhat lighter and softer. The 47s produced less impressive wiskers.

It's interesting that the honeycombs are different on each leg. The right leg's combs are much wider and are shorter than the left side's combs.

I'm fortunate enough not to have any sort of crotch blowout problems. Only thing I've seen on mine is some minor broken stitching. Repaired these at the first sign, since I don't want any problems later on.

Seriously? My crotch looks like a warzone. My stitching is coming undone despite a number of (poorly done) efforts to repair it. In addition there's a hole in the actual denim now. I might have to stop wearing these until I can get them professionally repaired, though I don't know where to go to get them done in Shanghai. Maybe I'll ask at the Evisu store.

so I just came home from my holiday in The Gambia and it's time to post the five month pics, a little overdue but I hope thats okay...

This wearing pic taken april 6. Color is a little bit off since it was taken with flash.

660gambia_002.jpg

I didnt really have time to do these kind of pictures in the Gambia so I took these today:

080410back.jpg080410front.jpg

as a contestant it's a little disheartening to see the evolution pics without anyone trying to show where the beauty of this denim really lies.

all the pictures so far have shown a bland jean that seems to fade evenly and dare i say similar to a pair of APC's.

that is really not the case, so here is a small update on the texture. for some reason vertical falling isn't apparent on anyones pics really.

jq6v5l.jpg

33pfsbs.jpg

hope people can appreciate what started out as a pretty uncharacteristic denim and with time have become something wonderful