Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Those are great fookums, really couldn't have turned out much better

I wish my combs turned out that well, mine are all messed up, not nearly as crisp as yours. Same thing goes for the knee whiskers in the frnot

Thanks for the comments!

Anywhoo, so I actually figured out [after owning my cam for 3+ years] how to manually focus in for detail shots. The color kinda varies but I tried to adjust the pics so that they came out as close to the true color as possible.

Lotsa pics coming...:

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

0091.jpg

0092.jpg

0093.jpg

0094.jpg

fookums did you do that crotch repair on your own?

i've emailed blue in green and they never responded about repairs. either their website is broken or i don't know.

but i'm going to take them to them sometime this week and hope they can fix them asap because i'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks and don't plan on taking any other pairs of jeans..

but your repair looks fairly simple to replicate and in the event that they can't help me i guess i'll just do it myself.

It fucking sucks to be posting right after you Fookums but somebody has to go first

don't kid yourself your jeans always look great. i'd say it's still pretty close between you and fookums.

fookums -- fantastic progress. your traintracks might be the furthest along. glad you found out how to shoot closeups, too. i think numbers of us are reaching a point where there are going to be interesting details.

david -- always good to see yours up here because i think you're taking the more frequent wash approach, giving it even more of a vintage look.

:cool:

2465243299_bf81926ca6_b.jpg2466068918_1d39d58663_b.jpg

crotch

2465238735_8b3976382c_b.jpg

that patch went out less than a few weeks later. i took them to a local tailor who wouldn't accept a swatch off vintage Lee denim or purple bandana to patch it with, saying they have a closer color of denim to patch it with. i should have left with the pants there and then, but that tired Korean's face left me some confidence I can't explain plainly.

2466063314_be8feb279d_b.jpg

combs and shit

an 18 year old just left an 18 year old size hole in my heart. someone say something nice about my pants.

@jo3 b: I brought em to BiG for the first repair, when the threads started to come undone; that's the most obvious repair [with the blue stitching]. When the denim started to get really thin, I just brought it over to some random dry cleaner and had em fix that. It's holding up pretty well I'd say, though I'm guessing I'll have to patch it up with some better/heavier denim in the next few months. repairs at BiG take some time though, compared to a regular place since it's only Gordon working on it by himself [i think], it took about a week and a half for the small crotch repair and a hem.

@ enoyj + david: I'm definitely holding my opinions on who has the "best" pair until the end. It seems like different pairs are progressing at like, completely different rates, and with the majority not posting progress pics, I'm sure there has to be some out there that'd blow our fucking indigo stained minds.

@chicken: Yeah, the little details of the denim become really apparent as they're worn. Really happy I can finally take pics of em. Still trying to figure out the best setting for full pics though haha :P

that patch went out less than a few weeks later. i took them to a local tailor who wouldn't accept a swatch off vintage Lee denim or purple bandana to patch it with, saying they have a closer color of denim to patch it with. i should have left with the pants there and then, but that tired Korean's face left me some confidence I can't explain plainly.

combs and shit

an 18 year old just left an 18 year old size hole in my heart. someone say something nice about my pants.

Dang bro, you sound depressed, you'll be aight!

+ rep for the contrast, have you even washed them because they are much darker than a lot of the others, I'm impressed.

lilldavid: how many washes is that? im really enjoying the vintage look, actually.

Thank you and Chicken and Enojy! :)

The initial machine wash and tumble to shrink them, three soaks and one more machine wash.

Wilkes very nice and sharp combs!

Guest Arcarsenal

There are some epic fades on these last too pages, great job everyone! I've just got two pictures to post, nothing insane but more pictures for the denim lovers. I really need to get a full shot of the jeans one of these days. Full size here

2469700996_43187d8462.jpg

2469679470_fec28e2e55.jpg

I truly can't believe it's been 6 months. Only halfway through and some of ya'll got some crazy progress! Hard to follow fookums and lildavid's stuff, but here's my pair, the full shots seem a bit too dark. I think i'll give them a proper wash next month, I suspect it will bring out the color.

front.jpg

back.jpg

detail.jpg

detailback.jpg

Man, was ist los, don't worry at all.

The whiskering on yours is soooo fucking awesome.

Really envious of em.

They have a different feel. The looser, curved whiskers definitely make it stand out compared to like, the whiskering on mine which are really packed together tightly.