The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

thanks for the correction without being an arse. as many times as ive been to europe, ill just blame this faux pas on the weed...and patron. im sober now, so correct me if im wrong again, but i thought the museum is in germany? touche!

No, those were Sugar Cane Hand Loomed jeans.. made on a 130 year old wooden loom powered by hand. I have a pair of those, but have never worn them out of the house, and yes, they retailed for ~$750.

The jeans pictured above are Sugar Cane Hand Loomed Style jeans; SC was inspired by the original denim and made their own version on electric powered vintage looms where the shuttle would reset it's tension a few notches down between every shuttle reset to achieve an extremely loosly woven denim.

I have the hand loomed jeans (SC40600, cut more like old style work pants) and I love them. I sometimes wonder why I paid close to 400 euros (plus proxy and shipping costs) for them, until I put them on. That denim is really something. Maybe one day I'll be able to upload some pictures.... although they didn't fade that much yet.

Crossposted from the Warehouse contest thread. Here's a few pics around the 6 month mark. My camera sucks awful, so this isn't a good representation of the color, but you get an idea of the fades with this.

Again, everyday biking, multiple camping/hiking trips, fairly strenuous wear, but no construction problems to speak of. The crotch is wearing down a little, but it's not worse than any other comparable jean.

6mo1ss0.jpg

6mo2sf4.jpg

6mo3pk6.jpg

6mo4mx4.jpg

I'm loving the wabi sabi of the fade, and I really like how pronounced the train tracks are. I don't have delusions that I'll win this, but I am fucking loving these jeans.

- mrswitch: I like Sweden too had a nice trip there, so no probs if salaami mixed this up with Switzerland. Of course you have to drop in at the Jeansmuseum in Zuerich during your next swiss-trip. I'll expect you!

- salaami: I like both countries (check above). And about the location of the Jeansmuseum: 2 are in Germany. The Levi Strauss museum in Buttenheim http://www.levi-strauss-museum.de/ (german only) and the second one is from the Sefranek family with the first german brand Mustang in Kuenzelsau http://www.mustang-museum.de/.

Both museums are really nice, but more restricted on their own brands. The Jeansmuseum with mostly real roughest vintage or raw denim rag items, (where even the worst scraps, no matter how ugly, stained, dirty, unwashed and with millions of stories left in them )are allowed to retire forever, is located in Zuerich, Switzerland. It's just 35 years, since I started collecting the rough denim stuff in a little swiss mountain village and there are around 6'500 pants and 3'500 denim jackets so far.

I'm praying every day that all you denim maniacs on Sufu and myNudies keep a good eye on your denim stuff, so that they won't be dumped some day, like I can hear sometimes even from friends (The top killer for worn out denim stuff is usually during a moving day or when starting a family). At least you know now, where there is a safe place for them at any time,.....

I'm such a denim addict, that I started this little museum to rescue all old denim stuff. It would really break my heart, when somebody is throwing away any denim!

salaami stands corrected. why the fuck does sw.jeans.freak have a red rep bar? thats what i hate about sufu...cant you just feel the passion in his post?

fixed it. back to green

was ist los, yours are one of my all time favorite pairs I've seen on sufu, hands down. If there were a thread for "grail status" jeans, these would in there, no question. It's so impressive how the essential areas of them are faded to the max, while the rest remains untarnished.