The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

but i have been wondering about why they don't mention about their 003s in their website. it seems like 003s are sold everywhere in japan like the rest of their models.

that's what confused me. I used to think there was a LHT 103 available, but I looked at the jeans chart recently (where it lists cuts, denim used, etc.) and the only LHT jeans listed are the D-001 and the D-1002. Perhaps the 003 isn't made anymore?

SD-003 @ 4.5 months, washed every 2 months, so 2 washes so far. Next wash due mid-September.

sd-003_front_sm.jpg

sd-003_back_sm.jpg

sd-003_whiskers_sm.jpg

sd-003_seat_sm.jpg

Ryu mentioned LHT having a "vertical falling" fading effect... which, if I understand him correctly, is pretty evident when looking closely at these SD-003's (see: seat pic).

Larger versions of the above:

http://www.nikuman.com/images/superfuture/sd-003_front_lg.jpg

http://www.nikuman.com/images/superfuture/sd-003_back_lg.jpg

http://www.nikuman.com/images/superfuture/sd-003_whiskers_lg.jpg

http://www.nikuman.com/images/superfuture/sd-003_seat_lg.jpg

Ryu mentioned LHT having a "vertical falling" fading effect... which, if I understand him correctly, is pretty evident when looking closely at these SD-003's (see: seat pic).

your jeans look nice. i like your washing technique. i bet the jeans look fantastic in natural light and in person.

vertical color falling is not a characteristic of LHT per se, but of "structure denim" such as Eternal, SDA, Samurai, etc. it is just a matter of raised vertical threads that take the brunt of the abrasion.

My Svens have hit 6months.

Just a little disclaimer of some sort, some of these pictures make the Svens appear more blue than they actually are, the first pic you see is a better represenation of colour imo.

Bunched all the images into two to evade Supertalk's 4 image limit. :)

6monthsds9.jpg

6monthsbackkv9.jpg

Now, I have to decide whether or not I should wash them.

Yay, or nay to washing?

Tabris, those are hella mint svens. I like. I wish I had more legs so that I could wear in my pair of svens too.

The SD-003s are coming along amazing. I do like the vertical "falling."

PS: I like the way we use translated Japanese sayings to describe denim fading. So instead of saying the color fades, we say the color falls. LOL

My Svens have hit 6months.

Now, I have to decide whether or not I should wash them.

Yay, or nay to washing?

Those look great. A part of me want you to wash them just to see how they would turn out. A bigger part of me, however, want you to stick with them until washing is absolutely necessary. I think the 6month mark is just an arbitrary point of time. You should stick it out until they are dirty and smelly beyond the point of tolerance.

Just curious as to how much these have stretched since you first got them and if you sized down a lot to try to compensate...

I got them in 31x34. They've now stretched to something like 34" or 35" (it's been a while since I measure it), so I can just barely slide them off without having to undo a button when I'm not using my belt.

I only sized down from my norm by 1 inch, but they hang nicely where my older 32" jeans do anyway (just at the top of your pelvis). :) If that's clear enough?

Thanks for the comments guys :D

The SD-003s are coming along amazing. I do like the vertical "falling."

PS: I like the way we use translated Japanese sayings to describe denim fading. So instead of saying the color fades, we say the color falls. LOL

"falling" seems to be a more appropriate term for the way in which indigo molecules are removed from the surface of cotton threads

"falling" seems to be a more appropriate term for the way in which indigo molecules are removed from the surface of cotton threads

I think so also. It illustrates the process better.

CMF, I like the look of those canes. I am not much a fan of lees, but I love that donut hole top button. How is the quality of the jeans? One wash? How's the fit? Looks like a long yoke. It will be nice to see a change from all the levis repros.