The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

well, the nudies were my first raw denim in october of 94, never soaked, just worn for like 6 months like nudies says, the first wash was kind of a disappointment, but as it wears on and you keep at it, you'll get better results. SDA's are def my favorite cut at the moment, remind me of the old levis premium cut. much better denim, a bit more stubborn, was bought one wash on ebay, def amazing jean.

1994? lol.

Guest Fade to Black

nice jeans cmf, are those raw or one-wash? Can't really tell from that pic...

also partytaco if you're reading this, were your Sorahikos the straight leg one wash or the slim raws? my one wash sorahikos seem to be breaking in kinda slow...the creases are settling in and when i turn the jeans inside out i see some of the creased areas are bleeding indigo, other than that not much visible fading on the outside. I hope i can wear them in enough to wash them at 6 months (then again i'll admit i'm lazy: I don't wear them every day).

straight one wash. they really didn't even show any signs of fading until around the 3rd or 4th month and then it was slow..but that's a good thing right?

nice jeans cmf, are those raw or one-wash? Can't really tell from that pic...

also partytaco if you're reading this, were your Sorahikos the straight leg one wash or the slim raws? my one wash sorahikos seem to be breaking in kinda slow...the creases are settling in and when i turn the jeans inside out i see some of the creased areas are bleeding indigo, other than that not much visible fading on the outside. I hope i can wear them in enough to wash them at 6 months (then again i'll admit i'm lazy: I don't wear them every day).

cmf...how do those sugarcanes fit? i have the 42 buzz rickson lees and they are very slim (well very slim for me) all the way through the thigh down to the hem. i sized down on them and the denim only stretched less than 1/2".
new canes... thanks chicken

fit pretty slim to the knee, and straight down from there. 1cm slimmer all the way thru the legs than 47 cnaes/lvc as a reference. less anti fit than i expected, and less ball room, at lest for the first 2 days. pics in the waywt thread.

In my opinion, the New Standards should be rocked by guys that look like this:

There should always be some slack between the jeans and the legs. Guys that are a bit meatier would be better suited in buying a pair of the APC Rescues rather then the Unisex New Standards.

I like the way the NS fit on Geowu better compared to those pics. I like the look where its almost skin tight on the thighs.

these are pictures of my str sven limited edition purchased about a year ago and worn sometimes.

decided to wash them after taking them along on a road trip but never getting them out of the bag because of the temperature. when i did, the smell overwhelmed me. cant believe i walked around in that for such a long time.

im pretty satisfied, the nice blue colour has returned, it feels like its glowing or something

backfullxc2.jpg

backfullafterwv1.jpg

frontfullob2.jpg

frontfullafterzv6.jpg

apologies for the big pics.

The blue on the sven SE came back cause all that grim ( totally visible on front of thigh areas ) got washed out !!

Now THOSE are some saucy jeans with great contrast and wear .. yummy yum yums

progress report on sc40400n

despite the apparent lack of anything to report, i'm quite happy with the results----very subtle, yes, but i've got my RRDS for extreme fade action

4 months worn quite a lot until sniff-test failure

washed warm w/ sugar cane detergent/treatment and hang dry---------restored original itchiness; gave jeans rigidity; followed this all up with obenauf's LP on the patch

canesfrontdg0.jpgcanesbackpq9.jpg

progress report on sc40400n

despite the apparent lack of anything to report, i'm quite happy with the results----very subtle, yes, but i've got my RRDS for extreme fade action

4 months worn quite a lot until sniff-test failure

washed warm w/ sugar cane detergent/treatment and hang dry---------restored original itchiness; gave jeans rigidity; followed this all up with obenauf's LP on the patch

canesfrontdg0.jpgcanesbackpq9.jpg

looking good.... will look even better in 100 years.

looking good.... will look even better in 100 years.
harty har har har. i'm actually glad i washed them when i did b/c my knee fade moved up, the legs had more twisting to do, etc. they fit really nice now. still my favorite jeans. putting them on is like slipping into a jacuzzi with the swedish bikini team----on ecstacy.

here's a detail of whiskering:

whiskersgz7.jpg