The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Need some of your superopinions...SHOULD I GET THESE HEMMED? I'm 5'8" and these have a 34" inseam so there's quite a bit of bunching, which sometimes I think looks alright and sometimes I think looks real sloppy since the jeans aren't that slim.

They look perfect imo and should not be hemmed :). But i guess it really comes down to what you feel is right.

Need some of your superopinions...SHOULD I GET THESE HEMMED? I'm 5'8" and these have a 34" inseam so there's quite a bit of bunching, which sometimes I think looks alright and sometimes I think looks kinda sloppy since the jeans aren't that slim.

apchem1.jpg

apchem2.jpg

awesome 999's man!

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Dammit... I took these pictures after a long bike ride so it's all sweaty and you can't really see the contrast very nicely, and to top it off the lighting was really bad... whatever. Here are my 4 month old APCs.

sany0007yr4.jpg

sany0006jo2.jpg

sany0003ws4.jpg

sany0001wt4.jpg

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

They stretched to about a 28 and the rise is kind of bad because after you go below 26 they officially turn into "girl jeans" according to APC...

here is an idea of how much they stretch... i am a size 30 true to size, and i got a size 26 in the apc new standard and they fit exactly how i wanted them to.

the measurements are..

waist: 15 inches

Upper thigh (measured across the leg, right where the leg starts, or in other words, from the bottom of the rise to the outseam): 11 inches, and then it decreases to 9 inches at what i'd say is mid thigh.

At the knee: 7.75 in.

leg opening: 7 in.

these jeans fit perfect, and i have been meaning to get pics up for a while now just to encourage all you people to not get cures if you want the slim fit, go for the slightly better quality and get new standards at a much lower size then stretch them.

after they stretched to fit, i've worn them at this perfect fit for almost a full month and they don't look like they will stretch at all anymore.. i honestly think they will stay fitting perfect forever.

here is an idea of how much they stretch... i am a size 30 true to size, and i got a size 26 in the apc new standard and they fit exactly how i wanted them to.

the measurements are..

waist: 15 inches

Upper thigh (measured across the leg, right where the leg starts, or in other words, from the bottom of the rise to the outseam): 11 inches, and then it decreases to 9 inches at what i'd say is mid thigh.

At the knee: 7.75 in.

leg opening: 7 in.

these jeans fit perfect, and i have been meaning to get pics up for a while now just to encourage all you people to not get cures if you want the slim fit, go for the slightly better quality and get new standards at a much lower size then stretch them.

after they stretched to fit, i've worn them at this perfect fit for almost a full month and they don't look like they will stretch at all anymore.. i honestly think they will stay fitting perfect forever.

Thanks for the details. Can you also measure the rise? Thanks.

The more i look a those 101z the more i want them! Cant find any online sites that sell them either apart from oak :/

this may be a late response to your post, but Context in Madison, WI has them. SF member SAM113 takes private messages for orders. Hope this finds you well.

have we seen enough apc and nudie yet? every time i see that this thread has been updated i check it and it's a pretty good shot that it's going to be yet another pair of apcs or nudies. now i know i am once again going out on a limb here much like i did with my anti-samurai post but now that these jeans have all but gone mainstream (hipster mainstream that is) can we finally cut down on the number of barely worn apcs and nudie posts (if they're old and have a pretty nice fade....let them slide)...i mean seriously who here wants to see page after page of 2 month old apc/nudie? pretty boring. show me the goods....studios, full counts, mccoys...something interesting...please.

semi-agreed.

this thread started out with people posting pics of their jeans just before and just after a wash (all this after many, many months of wear). it was great to see how different pairs came out based on different washing techniques, etc.

but yeah... seeing your two-month-old APCs with just the tiniest bit of light blue starting to peek through on your honeycombs is a waste of time. you've got another six months of wear to go, so just hold off until then. even better, pull a ryu and take updated pictures every few months and then post them as a timeline when you finally wash them...

those are awesome, I am in the process of wearing my new edwin 503BT's. Well actually im prolly not gonna wear em for a couple weeks ( I am about five months into my apc's and i wanna wear these a bit longer) I love em but im gettin kinda tired of wearing the same jeans everyday so im really looking to starting to wear some other ones on a consistant basis

have we seen enough apc and nudie yet? every time i see that this thread has been updated i check it and it's a pretty good shot that it's going to be yet another pair of apcs or nudies. now i know i am once again going out on a limb here much like i did with my anti-samurai post but now that these jeans have all but gone mainstream (hipster mainstream that is) can we finally cut down on the number of barely worn apcs and nudie posts (if they're old and have a pretty nice fade....let them slide)...i mean seriously who here wants to see page after page of 2 month old apc/nudie? pretty boring. show me the goods....studios, full counts, mccoys...something interesting...please.

partytaco, maybe you should cut people some slack. not everyone has the kind of money that you obviously want people to know you have, always talking about your 45rpms. not to mention, i've seen you post pics of your jomons with very little wear, so isn't it a little hypocritical to be ripping on people for posting their 2 month old apc's?

i agree wtih both of you

sometimes it is sort of monotonous to look at jeans with very little wear on them like 2 month old apc's or nudies or whatyever

but the brand of jean shouldnt matter. no everyone has the money to blow on dior or 45rpm and other more expensive jeans. any jean can look good whether its apc or nudie or samurai or sugar cane. fuck ive seen nudies that look way fucking better than ryus canes (not to hate, ryus canes are beautiful, but these were beyond beautiful) and apcs that turn out better than diors.

when it comes down to making beautiful jeans.

its not the brand, its the wearer and how they treat them

partytaco, maybe you should cut people some slack. not everyone has the kind of money that you obviously want people to know you have, always talking about your 45rpms. not to mention, i've seen you post pics of your jomons with very little wear, so isn't it a little hypocritical to be ripping on people for posting their 2 month old apc's?

I don't think its a matter of money, its more of a matter than there are one or two pairs of jomons on the forum, and there are 400 pairs of APC and Nudie. People looking into 45rpm may have questions regarding about the denim and the fit, so its helpful. Nudie and APC are all over the place, it isn't really informational anymore. Hell, you can even find them in retail stores in every major city. It's kinda like how there used to be "Look at my new STF" threads every other day.

That said, it doesn't bother me much because its pretty easy to just scroll through.