The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

It's not like its very hard to tell. I'm quite confident I could name jeans from just looking at the fading and or details without seeing the back. Could make for an interesting game...

"How much of a denim nerd are you?" Sufu contest? But yeah I know what you mean, after awhile its gets easy to differentiate btwn fades. It's kinda sad how we all know this haha.

yeah, what fucking losers we are.

thats the reaction i get from basically anyone i drop denim knowledge on in the real world. girlfriend included.

miraculously, ive convinced my girlfriend to get into raw denim..but she decided to wash at like 2 months instead of waiting several months. and she decided to iron out her honeycombs cuz she says she wants whiskers but she doest like honeycombs...

I take pride in being able to tell how different brands fade.

Yeah so do I, I frequently test myself to try and guess brands before seeing the back. Sometimes when I'm out I try to guess as well if I see a pair of drys. Although all I ever see are nudies and imperials.

My girlfriend wore almost exclusively these for about a year, and I realize I am facing some serious neg rep by posting more pictures of nudies, but perhaps the serious shrinkage of my already small e-peen will inspire her to give up the nudies and go to work on something a little more serious.

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

My girlfriend wore almost exclusively these for about a year, and I realize I am facing some serious neg rep by posting more pictures of nudies, but perhaps the serious shrinkage of my already small e-peen will inspire her to give up the nudies and go to work on something a little more serious.

No hate. Those Nudies actually turned out quite well.

And...it's actually kind of cool you got a gf who's not only into raw denim, but actually sticks w/ it and works on 'em for the long haul. Kudos.

Yeah so do I, I frequently test myself to try and guess brands before seeing the back. Sometimes when I'm out I try to guess as well if I see a pair of drys. Although all I ever see are nudies and imperials.

I know what you mean tho for me it's lvc's, nudies and acnes but just these past three months I've seen a two pairs of Sams (both I guess were 510), two pairs of SC's (okinawa & 1947), a pair of Sda (103), three pairs of Edwin/Lee's (2 of them 1952 101Z and the other one 1934) and a pair of Yamane's. With those it was like: Shit, what the hell are those? until I saw the back and was truly amazed :), Dunno the models though, It was a very slim cut with the fork stitched instead of painted on. Does anyone know what they might be?

I know what you mean tho for me it's lvc's, nudies and acnes but just these past three months I've seen a two pairs of Sams (both I guess were 510), two pairs of SC's (okinawa & 1947), a pair of Sda (103), three pairs of Edwin/Lee's (2 of them 1952 101Z and the other one 1934) and a pair of Yamane's. With those it was like: Shit, what the hell are those? until I saw the back and was truly amazed :), Dunno the models though, It was a very slim cut with the fork stitched instead of painted on. Does anyone know what they might be?

nice 510's, i have the same cut in the 19oz., and they do fade similarly. nice work. in a while i'll have pics posted so you all can see how close the 2 fades are. hamburglar's jeans(whatever the brand) are nice and refreshing as well. something different. as for sidney's 3001's, they are grail-worthy because of the contrast, the variance in hues, and the overall quality of fade. the indigo retention in the uncrocked areas makes them impresssive.

nice 510's, i have the same cut in the 19oz., and they do fade similarly. nice work. in a while i'll have pics posted so you all can see how close the 2 fades are. hamburglar's jeans(whatever the brand) are nice and refreshing as well. something different. as for sidney's 3001's, they are grail-worthy because of the contrast, the variance in hues, and the overall quality of fade. the indigo retention in the uncrocked areas makes them impresssive.

They are, but what I'm wondering is if he's going to keep it up indefinitely until the pants are covered in red dots. Are you, Cotton?

Yup that is indeed that plan, for now I'm putting one on every night, and will try to keep doing it, I've got a custom made leather sewing kit in my pocket especially for it.

I wouldn't mind slowly covering the whole right leg with it though, will also take a while...

But thanks all!

They are, but what I'm wondering is if he's going to keep it up indefinitely until the pants are covered in red dots. Are you, Cotton?

Yup that is indeed that plan, for now I'm putting one on every night, and will try to keep doing it, I've got a custom made leather sewing kit in my pocket especially for it.

I wouldn't mind slowly covering the whole right leg with it though, will also take a while...

But thanks all!

But thanks all!

Can't wait for Evolution of Hatch Marks thread. They look great Cotton, I hope the left knee busts open so you can put another patch down there.

But thanks all!

Can't wait for Evolution of Hatch Marks thread. They look great Cotton, I hope the left knee busts open so you can put another patch down there.