The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

and my point is that usually a nice vintage fade looks much more deeper and richer in its color even after its indigo loss. the lack of depth and just the overall flatness of the APC's is why i'm saying its lacking. I consider a vintage fade much more than just whiskering and honeycombs and the amount of indigo lost. APC's are infamous for it losing a ton of indigo...this exact pair isnt a product of a well worn/faded pair, but more of a washed up pair thats lost its depth and richness of indigo. But you're right, lets not get into this...cuz apparently you think APC's produce vintage fades.

"The fades most people here on Sufu create is often a product of wearing a pair of jeans excesively for a long time without any washing nor soaking and this will of course give a better contrast of white vs indigo, but it isn't how a well-worn Big E Levis jeans would look most of the time."

you almost must've missed the part where he said he washed them 3 times over the course of nearly 2 years.

btw, most people on here know a thing or two about denim...get to know some other faded pairs.

Well, wether the fades have a lot of depth to them also depends on if it is lef-hand or right-hand twill.

And three washes in two years might not sound like a lot, and it isn't in most cases, but it also depends on the weather conditions where you live. If it rains a lot or if it there is daily sun and so on. If he lives somewhere where it frequently rains a lot and where the suns shines a lot the loss of indigo would be increased a fair amount.

But I think you sort of missed what I was saying when I initially wrote. I didn't say that I preferred that kind of fade because I don't, but I appreciate a lot of different ways to fade a pair of jeans. I just said that it wasn't horrible as some people said - of course it wasn't their exact phrase - and some people was also put off by the fact that the jeans were missing (a) belt loop(s) which I think is great as it is prof of the jeans being worn. Again, the old miners and cowboys would also wear their jeans to the point where they would actually start falling apart and they would do all sorts of things to repair them.

And I don't mind discussing things here as long as it is in a friendly tone and on a level of some degree.

Cheers

Posted these a few times before, but these jeans have recently hit the one year mark and I decided to give them a wash for its birthday...somewhat disappointed with the results, and they're definitely nowhere near the level of stuff you usually see here but what the heck I'm gonna post them anyways...and no, there was NO pinching involved.....

Levi's premium 519 one year, 2 washes (7months and one year):

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

rear side is lacking....:(

IMG_6547.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

knees about to rip apart...in this picture you can see the brownish nature of these jeans as well as the blues...

IMG_6556.jpg

Now to focus on my FH's...

EDIT: thanks for the kind words and +rep....not sure if its deserved though! haha

Well, wether the fades have a lot of depth to them also depends on if it is lef-hand or right-hand twill.

you are talking out of your ass.

tony- yes, APC's have lighterweight denim than most of the japanese brands.

jpgm- looking great man, keep up the good work.

I'm not sure if I should actually post this here or in the How Do Jeans Fit thread, since I'm actually wearing my jeans in these photos. Not taking them off and shooting in macro.

I've been wearing these for a few months now, a wash every month. And since I did some major alteration on this pair, anyone wants to guess what I'm wearing ? :)

a>

a>

Anyone know why my pictures are not showing ?

I'm not sure if I should actually post this here or in the How Do Jeans Fit thread, since I'm actually wearing my jeans in these photos. Not taking them off and shooting in macro.

I've been wearing these for a few months now, a wash every month. And since I did some major alteration on this pair, anyone wants to guess what I'm wearing ? :)

a>

a>

a>

a>

Ehh, my best guess is going to be SDA 103s or PBJ 005s... I really have no clue though, the fact that we can't see the leather patch and that theres no pocket stitching makes it pretty hard.

Ehh, my best guess is going to be SDA 103s or PBJ 005s... I really have no clue though, the fact that we can't see the leather patch and that theres no pocket stitching makes it pretty hard.

Good guess ! Well those are actually the Samurai S5000VX. I got the whole thing altered down.

I won't try and pretend to know even the basics of denim.

Here are my nudies. 34/34 18 months old, no washes

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2199/nudies1bo6.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2500/nudies2mo4.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9404/nudies4va6.jpg

First time I actually see someone other than me giving these stevens a try. this is what you have to look forward to if you wear them hard enough: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=455296&postcount=66

(hope I'm not coming off too cocky :) )