japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Please refer to the superfuture map on tokyo->shibuya:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/area/area.cfm?area=4&city=1

http://www.superfuture.com/city/reviews/review.cfm?ID=338

Get out of shibuya, from hachiko exit. Walk out toward Marui-city / Tower records. After the intersection for tower records make a left and then a right on the next sidestreet. You should go up a hill, on the left is G-Star / Ships. Make a left and head down, you should see B'2nd on your right and Nano Universe on your left. Make a right and go down all the way until you see Journal Standard ahead of you. Midwest should be on your left.

I'll neg rep you now.

you could alternatively take the longer way by walking towards Denryokukan and shibuya shoubousho.

turn left right @ the intersection with And A. go up the hill. turn left @ the first intersection.

there are no big signs. during store hours, they have a red curtain thing in the doorway.

anyone have advice on finding a place to stay for 5 months? im going to sophia university but i dont want to stay in dorms because of the cerfews. theres a couple of guesthouses: Azalea house and DK House. they seem kind of far though. what kind of travel time is reasonable to yotsuya for JPY55,000-65,000 a month? any better ideas?

any feedback is appreciated, ive never been to japan and im pretty lost.

ive never lived in yotsuya but it's fairly close to all the cool things

shibuya is about 10 mins away by train.

dorms have curfews? that's lame.

Where are some places carrying Paul Harnden right now? I have not seen a single piece so far..

This past week has been way too much traveling for me. Five hour car ride to Nagoya, six trains/five or six hours to Okayama, two hour car ride (from 3:30AM) followed by five hour train ride to Matsuyama, and last night/this morning a thirteen hour bus ride back to Tokyo.

Where are some places carrying Paul Harnden right now? I have not seen a single piece so far..

This past week has been way too much traveling for me. Five hour car ride to Nagoya, six trains/five or six hours to Okayama, two hour car ride (from 3:30AM) followed by five hour train ride to Matsuyama, and last night/this morning a thirteen hour bus ride back to Tokyo.

space ?

ive never lived in yotsuya but it's fairly close to all the cool things

shibuya is about 10 mins away by train.

dorms have curfews? that's lame.

yeah the dorms have cerfews at either 1130pm or 12am. sucks and apparently they are strict. doors dont open again until an hour after the trains start running, whenever that is.

any idea what my best bet for finding a place to stay that isnt too far from campus or the city? or which subway lines i should try to stay close too?

the city? or which subway lines i should try to stay close too?

as long as you are within the walking distance to a train station, you will be fine.

i think you'll know what i mean once you get to tokyo.

any idea what my best bet for finding a place to stay that isnt too far from campus or the city? or which subway lines i should try to stay close too?

If you are going to school in yotsuya you'll probably want easy access to the Chuo /Sobu line. Check out some places west of Shinjuku for cheap rents/decent digs in places like Koenji and Kichijoji. Otherwise plenty of students and broke gaijin live in the Waseda, Takadanobaba, Kagurazaka area and thats not too far away either. Lots of people coming and going from the apartments/guesthouses, etc. so you can sometimes find semi-short term places for cheap.

check out gaijin-friendly guesthouses at metropolis classfieds,

http://metropolis.co.jp/classifieds/biz.asp?action=home&pid=80

for something a little nicer...west of Shibuya you can still find deals in Gakuegeidaigaku, Shimokitazawa, Yoyogi-uehara too, these places are, in my opinion closer to anything important in Tokyo and in yoyogi's case, still an almost bearable taxi home from clubs in aoyama/shibuya/roppongi.

Namboku and I think Marunouchi subway lines stop in Yotsuya too though so you shouldn't have a problem getting to school from pretty much wherever you are.

Yo! I need a gangsta cafe in Omotesando that does orgasmic coffee but also light meals. It's at late afternoon, so it needs to be moody.

No Doutor bitches!!!

Recommend me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking http://www.montoak.com/ ???????????????????????????????????????

if you are BALLING like me and rajio, you can always hit up YOKU MOKU and score some cigar-shaped cookies and kopp their 2000-yen iced coffeez (im dead serious it's 2000 yen)

i forgot how much coffee is at the top floor lounge in teikoku

my grandmother facilitates Omiais and always takes couples there

and she said it's something like 2000 yen / cup of coffee

No 2000 yen coffeez...all are 1050 yen. The sweetener is some liquid (corn syrup?).

Worth it for the deserts - the cigar-shaped cookies come free with each desert, but it's the deserts that are golden. Place is pretty boring.

Stopped by lift etage/lift ecru today. Almost copped dem RO jawns & guidi low cut lace-ups. wife nixed the ro & the 3-yr old kangaroo guidis were too small at 42, my normal size - would've been a good deal at the 3-yr old price of 76000 yen price.

Just found out about lift position...what the fuck is different about position from ecru/etage? Did i miss out and have to haul my ass back to daikanyama?

journal standard sucks, cdg sucks, visvim sucks,10 corso sucks...how the fuck do i get ghibli tix?

Only store I couldn't find was restir. Went to mark city...sa's had no idea what the fuck restir is. only chinese restaurants around this joint.

i have friends living at azalea house and they say it sucks ass. i've got another group of friends that moved out and found a place they could rent by the month. i think it's called sakura housing or something. i'll ask them and give you the link when they give me a response. from what i heard it was a pretty good place and usually has vacancies.

all i know is that you don't want to be in azalea house.

Recommend me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking http://www.montoak.com/ ???????????????????????????????????????

Montoak is straight.

Ducafe http://www.chanto.com/restauranto/ducafe/index.html is popular with the ladies, and they kill the 和菓子 type stuff.

Plus Minus Zero is nice minimal spot http://www.plusminuszero.jp/aoyama/cafe.html

and, Cafe Idee's not too shabby either.