Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

There are a lot of great points being made here..."group buy" can be a very powerful tool, especially when that product is going to be showcased for a year straight in a targeted community that is growing at an incredible rate.

I'm sure Samurai sees the value in this--we really ought to take advantage, a better price seems almost a forgone conclusion.

Also, green arcs and tabs is a terrific fucking idea.

The broken twill is particularly interesting. Then we could have a 5 year anniversary contest, too.

I don't understand why SuFu is limiting their choices to samurai.

This isn't a samurai contest, it's a denim contest. There are still A lOT of other options available.

I suggest we contact other small denim companies and see if they are interested in sponsoring the contest.

the reason samurai seems to be gaining some steam is that beatle has kindly taken the initiative to contact the company (and because a fair number of people have expressed support). i think it's pretty obvious to all that it's not the only option. but someone has to do the work. that's why saying vague things like 'i suggest we contact other small denim companies' is likely to go nowhere. if you want a different company, feel free to contact them yourself and negotiate a deal.

i also maintain that wearing black jeans, or jeans with garish green stiching, every day for a year would get tiresome.

the reason samurai seems to be gaining some steam is that beatle has kindly taken the initiative to contact the company (and because a fair number of people have expressed support). i think it's pretty obvious to all that it's not the only option. but someone has to do the work. that's why saying vague things like 'i suggest we contact other small denim companies' is likely to go nowhere. if you want a different company, feel free to contact them yourself and negotiate a deal.

i also maintain that wearing black jeans, or jeans with garish green stiching, every day for a year would get tiresome.

You are late, the wheels are in motion.

i'm going to mention KMW again I dont know how much interest everyone on here has in them but I could speak with them (I frequently worked with them while at denim bar) and I believe they would work with us to make a jean that would work for exactly what we are looking for, the only thing is i think every one just wants to go with samy again which is cool, but why not KMW the denim is great and we could deffinatly work out a special ed with sufu detailing and the such so. i however do not want to contact them unless we get closer to deciding if you know what i mean. thoughts?

i personally would prefer the 'special' quality of the jeans to be something about the type of cotton or the cut, rather than some obvious branding / colored stitching / overdye. these latter just make it that much more obvious that you're wearing the same jeans every damn day. or make the coloring on the inside, like patterned pocketbags or unique color selvage.

Green metallic selvege would be hot :D

I'd say go for green arcs and tabs too, but would Samurai be able to do that? I say green metallic selvege, regular arcs/tabs (green would be great too), and do the patch in green instead of red. Oh, and S510xx cut.

I like the idea with the pocket colour on the inside..and selvage pockets.../QUOTE]

Selvage pockets? (like back pockets? folded under I assume... )

I agree that green arcs would be too much

Crazy Mirror World S5000SF:

LHT

Left side coin pocket

Left side leather patch

left side black tab (with SUFU on the backside)

(I think making the fly backwards would be a little too much... but would be cool)

arcs in black or normal.

You're sure about that ?? No more kick ass Samurai for you ???

:confused:

i don't know if i want to do another contest, too many jeans on my plate as is, only way is if it's a texas black cotton jean. otherwise, i probably won't return, i have a pair of samurai blacks to get to grail status. 1/4 of the way there.

Morning everybody..

Once more....I absolutely aprecciate the idea that somebody - who ever - feels free to explore or contact other companies..

Just do it and let us know what you come up with...

Samurai has told me that there's gonna be a ltd end of this year - but I've ruled that out since it's gonna be 21 oz...

As said before - I stay in touch with them - see what they offer..

And I'd be more than happy to hear some offers regarding other brands...

Allright , everybody..

I feel the need to make this a bit more realistic..

To know how many people would be up for Samurai 2nd edition - and to know if I can ask them to run a limited SUFU edition - please

SEND ME PM - TOPIC SAMURAI Volume II - MESSAGE IN

I'll count all pm's that I recvieved untill June 1st...

Please - no wonna bees and flakers

If I get 120 pm's - I'll ask Samurai to run a limited SUFU edition...

And it would be nice if it goes against Levis a little...

Leave that to companies like evisu, who have enough money to get sued.

Continuing on from my last post I agree with most comments-wasn't trying to push the green idea-just I personally find it hard to imagine how something's gonna look colour combo. wise, so I thought i'd just see. I think doing little details would be really cool, but we have to really think how it's gonna look before comiting to it....as it could end up looking a little shit.

I too assumed that this comp would only start AFTER the current one has finished, or else I don't really see the point.