Super Cooking (Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine)

Tyro1

easy spaghetti sauce

3 or 4 campari or roma tomatoes

1 clove garlic

a few basil leaves

4 tbsp olive oil

precooked meat(s) if desired

salt, black pepper

In a skillet, heat oil to medium.

Meanwhile, peel and chop the tomatoes, garlic, and basil.

When oil is heated, add all ingredients.

When the tomatoes start to reduce, lower heat to low.

Simmer to desired consistency, adding precooked meat during the later stages if you want.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Keep in mind, you get what you pay for with olive oil, especially if you want to cook with it.

7CSv1ExOTCE

Gredients:

1 pork chop

1 bottle dijon mustard

bread crumbs

oil

chicken noodle soup

Directions:

Take the pork chop and thickly, completely cover it in mustard. Then crust it in bread crumbs. Take it and flash fry it. Liike 30 seconds per-side. Next take it out and put in a small baking pan. Pour on the chicken noodle soup. Cover and bake for 2 hours.

Seriously. Its amazing.

TtiQ6luvEYs

• 3 weeks later...

vermicelli or spaghetti 200g

4 or 5 anchovies

2 cloves garlic

chilli (to taste dried pickled fresh whatever)

extra virgin olive oil

fresh parsley

boil vermicelli al dente (two minutes less than advised)

crush garlic with flat of knife and fry in oil until browned (don't let them burn) then remove from pan

add chilli and anchovies mash them with fork

then gently cook pasta in oil for minute or two (stir it good)

serve topped with chopped parsley

tasty!

0i8rZ5LOGw4

Cream cheese tuna waffles:

1-3 Waffles (frozen or homemade; homemade preferred)

1-3 Table spoons of cream cheese

Canned tuna

Parsley (fresh)

Make your waffles, spread the cream cheese on each waffle, put as much tuna as you want on those suckers, and then sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.

Yummy yummy in my motherfucking tummy!

GYv2br1Ic0w

Monterrey Jack Chicken

ingredients:

chicken breasts

monterrey cheese

avacado

instructions:

cook chicken breasts, seasoning only with salt and pepper.

Put on microwave safe plate.

Place thin slices of avacado directly on top of chicken and monterrey jack cheese on top of avacado.

microwave only long enough to have cheese melt a little.

serve with whatever you like, i prefer lightly seasoned white rice.:rolleyes:

unplugged

3HzbiWCm4I0

Not my idea - read it from Cormac McCarthy a few issues of Vanity Fair ago - but I thought it was pretty good:

Pasta, plain. Just boil the spaghetti in water, put some salt in there, once it's al dente, serve and eat.

this works I actually kind of prefer this to eating with meatsauce. I like a little butter in mine though, and I eat it with crackers.

lolwut

pasta and peanut butter

that shit sounds fucking disgusting

There is a lot of stuff that might seem disgusting, but are actually pretty bomb.

I tried noodles with syrup once, it wasn't that bad. (always a Buddy the Elf concept)

Will, I will try your recipe out tomorrow.

Monterrey Jack Chicken

ingredients:

chicken breasts

monterrey cheese

avacado

instructions:

cook chicken breasts, seasoning only with salt and pepper.

Put on microwave safe plate.

Place thin slices of avacado directly on top of chicken and monterrey jack cheese on top of avacado.

microwave only long enough to have cheese melt a little.

serve with whatever you like, i prefer lightly seasoned white rice.:rolleyes:

I would not do this, microwaving chicken causes bacteria to grow and one of the times you cook it,you'll be sick before you can say salmonella. Learned from my folks and other people

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think we have a cooking thread in here (but maybe we do--I'll be honest I only searched a little). But is anyone here into cooking?

I'm looking for some vegetarian dish to make the woman sometime soon... any suggestions?

Anyway, post your favorite recipes or whatever if you're not a selfish ass--vegetarian or otherwise.

I do a lot of cooking. 50/50 split between vegetarian and regular. I cook a lot of different stuff but rarely deviate very far from written recipes.

What are you thinking of making her? One vego recipe in my regular rotation is sesame crusted deep fried tofu - tastes great and you can mix it up by changing the vegetables, noodles and sauce you have it with. My fav at the moment is having with chili jam either as an entree by just dipping it in the sauce or as a stir fry with veg and noodle.

What are you thinking of making her? One vego recipe in my regular rotation is sesame crusted deep fried tofu - tastes great and you can mix it up by changing the vegetables, noodles and sauce you have it with. My fav at the moment is having with chili jam either as an entree by just dipping it in the sauce or as a stir fry with veg and noodle.

Something relatively simple (I've never really cooked before), yet tasty (obviously). I was thinking something Vietnamese inspired since thats what she is, but I don't want to butcher anything :P. I'm really open to pretty much anything

So far I've only been able to think of desserts... some homemade ice cream with a big, soft cookie, maybe some chocolate covered fruit after--really just the standard stuff.

I know you can replicate a lot of vietnamese dishes (bun bo hue comes to mind) vegetarian style, but they use fake meats and glutens and stuff and it just tastes kinda fake and goofy. There are some exceptions though. I'll ask my mom for recipes when I'm free.

If I were going vegetarian, I'd look into dishes that work mushrooms into the fold. They really make vegetarian dishes as substantial/satisfying as those with meat.

Try different salads and vinaigrettes? I know, it's not anything creative, but knowing how to construct a good salad is nice, and I'm sure your girl is always trying to keep her figure.