Super Cooking (Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine)

Tyro1

I'm seeing a girl that is veg. and it's hard making food because alot of the time it seems like veg. cooking is just making side dishes.

However, I find that asian flavors are very well suited veg. cooking. Dim sum/Tapas style foods work well. I agree incorporating a lot of mushrooms helps make the food heartier.

Asian-style veg foods I like:

-Taking firm tofu cutting it into eights in a star pattern to make 8 triangles and deep-frying these in 375 oil until there is a crust on the tofu and then making a dipping sauce of soy paste, ketchup, chopped raw garlic, sugar and a little toasted sesame oil. Ketchup sounds weird, but you will love it.

-Fried spring rolls filled with Cabbage, carrot, shiitake, bean sprouts, shredded braised tofu, ginger, garlic, soy, salt, pepper.

-Veg. tempura

• 3 months later...

RIP money tuff, I'm pouring out a Reidel glass of Alsatian Vielles Vignes 2005 for you homie, (paired with a tataki-style lobster carpaccio, with passionfruit coulis, sea salt and goat's cheese tuilles, and strips of cilantro gelee)

Yo, so... we had that cooking battle thing going down, what happened to that?

We could separate that bring it into this thread, with more organized competition, and we can hold off and post the final dishes all around the same time this time, to keep the element of surprise stronger.

Shit kind of takes a toll on your wallet to cook fancy 2-3 times a week so we can just do this once a week, whoever wants in can join in.

yay?

Yeah, same thing, we can go on broad themes (i.e. burgers) or ingredients, but nothing too specific that will stifle output (I thought the grilled cheese thing was kinda stoops) Winner picks the next theme, as always...

That said... I will choose this week's theme:

Chicken (repeat, I know)... all entries due Wednesday, midnight GMT

I want to see some delicious cocks!