Super Cooking (Recipes, Menus, Food & Wine)

Tyro1

There are many mushrooms, it's hard to hate them all unless you're a nazi. Are you a nazi?

Yeah, I used to say I disliked mushrooms as a whole, but I've realized that's not fair/not true.

It's hard to hate portobello, for example, since it can present itself in so many ways. Kind of like tofu.

posting for burgers i made last week

p1000513b.jpg

p1000514v.jpg

p1000515q.jpg

organic grass fed beef, served with homemade fries (no pic), plenty of fixins, grilled onions, mushrooms, tomato, alfalfa, avocado, lettuce, pickles, turkey bacon

I am going to not enter this one for judging and will remake my mushroom dish with a different concept, I don't know wtf I was thinking here. This is the culinary equivalent of running a marathon, showing off from the beginning to about halfway, and then falling dead on my face about 10 feet from the finish line. I started this mushroom dish last night by preparing my mushroom stock from 4 kinds of mushrooms, like 1.5kg, and then today I just wasn't much in the mood for cooking perhaps...

because I ended up making a fucking steak and eggs fry up.

Started off really, well, had nice mushrooms:

a9h86.jpg

eringi, baby eringi, shiitake, some conventional mushrooms, and then some enoki (no vis)

Some nice beef:

13zr8ma.jpg

I layered eringi slices into the beef tenderloins and had a hell of a time trying to cook those, cooked the regular mushrooms and tops of the baby eringis with potatoes, and the rest of the mushrooms got cooked into a mushroom stock for hours and got made into a cream of mushroom gravy...

I knew I wanted to spike the mushroom cream gravy with the saltiness of dried Serrano ham, so I did that... and then I thought, hey this calls for some fresh tomato, so that too... and then I thought, hmm, some would pair with the mushrooms and make it like a breakfast thing here and threw it together confusedly and the whole thing ended up being breakfast. :(

jz714x.jpg

I will try something different tomorrow or the next for my official entry...