what are you eating today?

soepom

thank you Google image search. i don't know anything about this fruit though.

4qpm9z.jpg

Accidentally eating a longan pits has gotta be the worst most-jarring moments of my life... and I like bitter flavors, like the feeling of being ripped from heaven and dragged through hell. Otherwise, I miss longan. edit: Hmm... on second thought, maybe that was a rambutan pit.

Right now I'm enjoying one of these:

proyoplaitwhipswv2.jpg

Super light and fluffy for a yogurt, the most decadent experience I've had for under a buck... Food blog reviews of it are mixed though.

i watched anthony bourdain's "no reservation" singapore episode last night and i got inspired to get some chicken rice today.

the only thing this chinese restaurant had was steamed chicken, it didn't come with any spicy sauce and the meat was really tough.

boo. :(

i watched anthony bourdain's "no reservation" singapore episode last night and i got inspired to get some chicken rice today.

the only thing this chinese restaurant had was steamed chicken, it didn't come with any spicy sauce and the meat was really tough.

boo. :(

The best Hainan Chicken Rice in all of LA is from a little shop called Savoy.

It's in Alhambra, which is probably a 30min drive away from you with some light traffic.

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/384139/alhambra_ca/savoy.html

They do it pretty good. I will try Singapore's chicken rice this summer and do a comparison.

thanks for the info. i've been to alhambra few times for pho. now i have to try savoy's chicken rice. i love sufu, where you can get all sorts of tips.

jpgm, totally agreed -- boiled chicken is simple and gooooooood. (but from what i've seen on bourdain's show, it looks like it could be a lot more than you think.)

The best Hainan Chicken Rice in all of LA is from a little shop called Savoy.

It's in Alhambra, which is probably a 30min drive away from you with some light traffic.

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/384139/alhambra_ca/savoy.html

They do it pretty good. I will try Singapore's chicken rice this summer and do a comparison.

plz post picz of the supergay savoy chickenz

the perfect day for a picnic is when everybody else is working.

today, soepom prepared the simple spread:

wayet0523ahb0.jpg

peach yoghurt, guava juice, cherries, sandwiches

wayet0532biv9.jpg

focaccia with butter, lingonberry jam, melty cheddar cheese, alfafa sprouts, tomatoes and honey baked ham

dinner at home:

wayet0523caf5.jpg

mum bought some dishes back which we had with porridge. hurray for singapore, home to cheap and tasty food.

went on a dinner date, restaurant was so tacky,, lots of crafty art for sale, i think i ranted about it too much oops oh well

i had a lovely glass of pinot gris and a pile of rare venison and an early night

how did your date react when you started shooting pics of your food?

just out of curiosity.

the perfect day for a picnic is when everybody else is working.

today, soepom prepared the simple spread:

peach yoghurt, guava juice, cherries, sandwiches

Nice! I miss Marigold juices and yogurt. Somebody import that here asap!

Açaí is a fruit from the north of Brazil that people in Rio enjoy whipped with guaraná powder and other stuff in a slurpee-like drink. i don't like American smoothies but i love these.

1z6b8g9.jpg

Reminds me of this,

Philippines-p5-2.jpg

Mmmmmm, dinuguan.

aznboi i've always passed by savoy and just assumed it was just all the other generic asian cafe/restaurants in the area. i'll probably give that place a try on your rec over the weekend. ill report back on sf haha.

had that a few days ago for lunch whizkit, mine didnt look as good as that though

appetite's been shot this past week due to the city suddenly heating up like mad...haven't been eating anything noteworthy, although i must say i had arguably the worst Jia Jiang lo mein today at Tasty's (IFC branch). Don't know why i keep going back to that place...