what are you eating today?

soepom

lol.

you cook them first and drain them. it's basically the same "ramen" noodle as maruchan and other nasty shits.

yeah then you mix it with the seasoning. i used to love indomie, but havent had it in 5 years.

edit- mass beat me

although when i was in highschool i knew duns who just sprinkled the season on the crushed noodles and ate them straight out the package. shit was nasty as fuck.

this is straight FOB-tastic. This works with any kind of ramen, but they have one in Korea that is intended for this purpose:

0810020000382.gif

Doubling up on the slum steelo.

So my brother's doing the whole Le Cordon Bleu thing in Pasadena, and we've been working on prototypes on a "signature pizza". Here's one of them:

IMG_1376.jpg

It's a little different take on a Hawaiian style pizza. The sauce used for this was a pinapple juice reduction infused with jalapenos for some heat. Topped with diced tomatoes, ham, pineapple and red onions. The pizza was a bit sweet, but it was pretty tasty.

IMG_0977.jpg

Then, I made dessert. It was a nice brown butter white chocolate macadamia cookie recipe I found. I had El Rey white chocolate with dried fruits in it already, so I decided to use that. Good stuff.

How does he like it?

Well, it's been a long time coming for him. He went to UCSD for 6 years (yeah...) but it took him a while to realize that food was his passion. He doing really well. His instructors all like his food, and he says he's among the top of the class. He's fulfilling his dream, and not spending mom and dad's money anymore.

is it the same Cordon Bleu as in Paris? like a branch or something?

Yeah, there are Le Cordon Bleu certified schools in a lot of different areas. The Culinary Institute of Pasadena is one of them.

Well, it's been a long time coming for him. He went to UCSD for 6 years (yeah...) but it took him a while to realize that food was his passion. He doing really well. His instructors all like his food, and he says he's among the top of the class. He's fulfilling his dream, and not spending mom and dad's money anymore.

Yeah, there are Le Cordon Bleu certified schools in a lot of different areas. The Culinary Institute of Pasadena is one of them.

Will either of you guys deliver a signature pizza to UCLA for finals week? ;)

Well, it's been a long time coming for him. He went to UCSD for 6 years (yeah...) but it took him a while to realize that food was his passion.

You are white, aren't you.

and no trip to malaysia is complete without having one of these

2560352499_2e91cf6f1a_o.jpg

A halal burger?

I lived in Malaysia for a fair amount of time and was never suggested to try one of these. Is it a specialty somewhere in KL?

The thing I miss most is Teh tarik every morning. Can't get that shit anywhere in the US.

Those Ramly Burgers are common in street stalls and bus rest stops. I encounter them every time i go to Malaysia. I don't know, the craving for this greasy concoction of processed patty, chilli sauce, mayo, fried egg and processed cheese could just be a Singaporean obsession, so bad.... that it's good.

edit: just found this

Those Ramly Burgers are common in street stalls and bus rest stops. I encounter them every time i go to Malaysia. I don't know, the craving for this greasy concoction of processed patty, chilli sauce, mayo, fried egg and processed cheese could just be a Singaporean obsession, so bad.... that it's good.

edit: just found this

Hmm. I will have to scold my old colleagues for being shitty tour guides. Want egg burger now.

The thing I miss most is Teh tarik every morning. Can't get that shit anywhere in the US.

Its not the original, but when I need my fix I drink this.

24072006003.jpg

Its pretty damn good for a powedered drink. If you cant find it here i'll be able to hook you up after summer

Its not the original, but when I need my fix I drink this.

24072006003.jpg

Its pretty damn good for a powedered drink. If you cant find it here i'll be able to hook you up after summer

Hell yeah. Doing a quick search, they have it online here:

http://www.asiansupermarket365.com/Aik_Cheong_Teh_Tarik_Milk_Tea_15_Sachets_p/c0008.htm

I wonder if they would have it somewhere like Silom in Thai Town? I'll have to check. I need some.

I have no idea, Ive been to thai town once, the food there is great.

I would think monterey park/alhambra would be the place go to, thats where most of the asian supermarkets are.

The price isnt that bad. Each packet has suprisingly quite alot of powder, but your really gotta add less water for that kick.