what are you eating today?

soepom

Guest larry

I have bought some geese for making foie gras, would anyone be against me posting pictures of the process?

They will be freerange, having the run of over an acre and not force fed, instead I'll be using the traditional method of taking advantage of their instinctual migratory feeding patterns. Also, I'll be feeding them on figs and for the last 2 weeks figs soaked in port. Should be interesting as I know alot of people here eat foie gras.

Tsukiji I believe, however a friend said there is an even better (more exotic place) called Sushi-dai a bit further down.

between tsukiji, some cool ramen joint, mos burger and yoshinoya, you my friend, get an A+ for your trip.

i've had sushi at both that joint you went to (i remember the old man) and sushi dai, and my impression was that they were pretty much on par. except sushi dai actually asked you how much rice you wanted with your fish, maybe.

thanks for the pics.

between tsukiji, some cool ramen joint, mos burger and yoshinoya, you my friend, get an A+ for your trip.

i've had sushi at both that joint you went to (i remember the old man) and sushi dai, and my impression was that they were pretty much on par. except sushi dai actually asked you how much rice you wanted with your fish, maybe.

thanks for the pics.

Have you been to Daiwa a few doors down from Dai?

wait . . . so the meat you ate was almost bad? booooooooo . . .

what do you mean the meat i ate.i never posted a pic.what i was saying is that when you buy a a sealed primal cut it tends to be the the darker purpleish color.then when you cut it into steak cuts and it comes in contact with the air it becomes red after a day or two.sometime steaks cooked blue have this color

so far today...

WDYET180608.jpg

breakfast.....

ski d'lite wild strawberry low fat yoghurt

lunch....

sweberg swiss cheese and yalla hummus on vita weat 9 grain crackers

pitango organic pumpkin, spinach and leek risotto

plus a double espresso and pepsi max of course.

as far as pre-packaged food goes, the pitango stuff is the shit. their soups and risottos are amazing.

tg - are you familiar with them? theyre from NZ.

i only just noticed them on the shelves recently.....good stuff.

Hit up the fish market for the freshest fish ever to land on my tastebuds... was definitely worth getting up at 5am, leaving the hotel at 6 to get there for 7... which is actually relatively late...

Queue pic... waited 30 minutes

2537909956_f5fa038b36.jpg

Fish...

2537094591_5405a32858.jpg

2537094857_cf7fc3de63.jpg

Our chef...

2537912902_c40a72233e.jpg

Kaikaya "By The Sea" (Shibuya), probably the best meal we had in TKO, worth booking in advance, we got lucky but had to split into two tables... highly recommend the 4500 Yen per head meal (ranges from 3500-5500)

2536668466_a9364750c9.jpg

2535854871_481bdabfa4.jpg

2536671570_8c00cc651e.jpg

Apparently the best ramen place in Japan was Suzuran Ramen (sure many could argue that), we queued for about 20minutes for that...

Another queue pic...

2535846729_c7abae4ccb.jpg

Food...

2535848099_340c0e2aa8_o.jpg

2536663926_a0e0991a5d.jpg

Was certainly good.

NO SHRlMP BURGER? JOLIBEE? WENDY'S? MCDONALDS? LOTTOwhatever.

FAIL

imageshack has been screwing up on me, and makes uploading multiple images a chore... so pardon the long breaks.

over the past week and not really in order either...

local fare for dinner:

wayet0617bnz3.jpg

prawn noodles and the iconic chicken rice

my lunches at home will take a dramatic drop in standard the moment my mum is done with her month long holiday. but till then:

wayet0617ain9.jpg

wayet0613bsa6.jpg

wayet0614ir2.jpg

wayet0613amj4.jpg

reprise of mum's invention - lychee stuffed with otak (spicy fish paste) - especially novel and appealing to the local palate.

dinner at work:

wayet0616bat5.jpg

shabu shabu salad (love the tangy jap dressing), oyster wrapped in bacon yakitori, teriyaki beef with mushrooms (this is my new favourite from the menu, don't know why I never had it before)

wayet0616amf3.jpg

fried calamari with special thai chilli sauce

i made late night snack for tweeds and myself:

wayet0617col5.jpg

which essentially involves just adding hot water to this (muji noodle, kelp, lotus)... i know. hey it takes talent to make something with just hot water...

I have somemore photos from this week's meals... but i'll accumulate more before i upload again i guess...

my mouth is salivating, everything looks great, i love ur bowls you eat with style.

thanks - but all credit goes to my mother, who has collections of various cutlery and dining ware. there's something for every occasion and type of cuisine. :)