what are you eating today?

soepom

i went to lunch at this japanese spot "kaita" thanks to a recomendation by madeinkorea23, i thought it was pretty good, had teh curry katsu, and i enjoyed it.

dsc00071zs7.jpg

Guest jmatsu
i went to lunch at this japanese spot "kaita" thanks to a recomendation by madeinkorea23, i thought it was pretty good, had teh curry katsu, and i enjoyed it.

dsc00071zs7.jpg

why is it that most nonjaps insist on eating curry rice shit with chopsticks?

i know people wanna be down with using chopsticks/japland/asia, but japs don't use chopsticks for curryrice. we use spoons.

2446653344_c03af53bf7.jpg

dayboat scallops, tomato ginger chutney, black rice, green thai curry

DINNER:

2445826535_6ea1d27d33.jpg

left to right: NY skirt steak, austrailian lamb chop, prime filet mignon

She had the austrailian lobster tail and kobe filet.

sides of mashers, creamed spinach, and the best mac&cheese i've ever had.

kona coffee creme brulee for dessert.

why is it that most nonjaps insist on eating curry rice shit with chopsticks?

i know people wanna be down with using chopsticks/japland/asia, but japs don't use chopsticks for curryrice. we use spoons.

ill answer honestly, its cause we are ignorant. i saw them bring chopsticks and thought we had to use em. during the meal i kept saying this sucks, how are you supposed to eat soggy rice with chopsticks. ill know better for next time.

41114807sj5.jpg

sorry dude but that rice looks disgusting, as does the meat. looks like the kind of meat you chew forever and never disintegrates. green beans look lovely, though.

I love jap curry, but eating in those joint ruins my smell. You have to go in wearing clothes you won't wear for the next few days.

anyone ever eat at Moody's in Edgewater on Broadway in Chicago? inside, in the wintertime, when the patio's closed? those burgers are absolutely fantastic, but man, good luck getting the smell out of your sweater and hair after eating inside.

ill answer honestly, its cause we are ignorant. i saw them bring chopsticks and thought we had to use em. during the meal i kept saying this sucks, how are you supposed to eat soggy rice with chopsticks. ill know better for next time.

its their fault for bringing chopsticks and not giving you a spoon with your order

dsc00071zs7.jpg

man i was about to go there with my mom yesterday for lunch but went to the place called Kubota across the street. glad you liked it. my family still goes there atleast once a week. you should try the small dishes they have next time. some really good stuff.

the rice was disgusting. you know how koreans are though....we gotta eat at least a bit of rice + kimchi with every meal. meat though was great...really tender

why not eat delicious korean rice then? why settle for disgusting rice?! i don't get it!

shared among friends

marshmallow fudgy brownie

carrot cake

2461723196_a0257b50a6_o.jpg

cheddar apple pie

interesting . . . looks like Benelux apple pie to me!

xrf2o.jpg

why not eat delicious korean rice then? why settle for disgusting rice?! i don't get it!

What he is referring to is also known as leftover rice from the the night before/lunch before.

Chinese people typically use that rice to make fried rice, but he's not Chinese.

chez panisse's entire dessert menu from yesterday:

2462528375_6e425edd1d.jpg

I<3Bacon you win again.

Anyone in here apart from me that gets an erection from eating Baba Ghanoush? One of the best things I know.

meh. although i definitely like it better than hummus' date=' which has got to be one of the most overrated things i've ever had (at least the commercial versions that are available in the US).

some market purchases today:

[img']http://i28.tinypic.com/16a5wtd.jpg[/img]

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hummus in LA is fucking great. We have the most Persians living in the city outside of Iran. Great hummus... mmm.

Hummus with a splash of great EVOO + toasted pita = :) :) :):D:cool: