what are you eating today?

soepom

i had a craving and made my own honey-roasted peanuts and have been snacking on these all week. they are delish. on a whim i added some curry powder and they are even better.

make sure to use RAW peanuts. my peanuts are red because of that papery skin, it's a pain to remove when they're raw so i just left it on and it's fine.

SPICY HONEY ROASTED PEANUTS

2 tbsp. honey

2 tsp. curry powder

1 tsp. salt

1 lb. raw peanuts

mix everything together. roast for 45 minutes at 350F/175C. cool to room temp. store at room temp.

2aipmjt.jpg

3 Coffees @ Campos Coffee in Sydney. Possibly the best coffee in the Southern Hemisphere.

camposlattesn1.jpg

Caffe Latte. The milk foam was so smooth, creamy and temperature perfect.

camposmochamn2.jpg

Caffe Mocha. They really balanced the cocoa perfectly with their coffee.

camposaffogattoqb4.jpg

The piece de resistance. A Campos Coffee Affoggato, which is a slice of heaven.

nice pizza whitney, I used be a pizza chef at CPK so I would have to say that that's the roasted garlic chicken pizza ;)

Dinner the other night:

"Green" Mac n Cheese that I added pureed broccoli too, didn't come out as green as I wanted but I know how to do it better next time

2gvlir6.jpg

Been a while...

Dinner

Herb roasted chicken on a bed of toasted barley with red bell peppers, corn, and tomatoes and sauteed zucchini

2n7quy0.jpg

142zuc2.jpg

like the contrast between the glass and the food

haha, the way dizzle always cooks these elaborate, delicately plated meals and then photographs them on a faux wood TV tray with the college apt backdrop reminds me of that movie 20 Bucks; that part where the kid is 16 and asks the bum to buy him wine, because he needs a red to complement the dinner he is cooking for his girlfriend...

haha, the way dizzle always cooks these elaborate, delicately plated meals and then photographs them on a faux wood TV tray with the college apt backdrop reminds me of that movie 20 Bucks; that part where the kid is 16 and asks the bum to buy him wine, because he needs a red to complement the dinner he is cooking for his girlfriend...

haha i got the tv tray from my parents, it's ugly but it gets the job done. i'm always starving by the time i finish making the meals so i just snap some quick pics before i eat. anyway here's last nights dinner

Lemon-mustard cauliflower and steak on top of cauliflower puree with chimichurri and salsa roja

21n1j76.jpg