what are you eating today?

soepom

tried ethiopian food for the first time at this place which is right around the corner.

Mrs. Zim's Veggie combo. fresh cheese, spinach and lentils, and doro watt(hard boiled egg.the bread underneath the dish and on the side has this spongy pancake texture.the fried app is called sambusa and has seasoned spinach inside it.

ethiopiandiamond3ha2.jpg

ethiopiandiamond1rf7.jpg

thier is also another ethiopian resturant and a somalian one in walking distance besides all kinds of new ethnic eats. i love my new pad.

we also had Mediterranean which i dont have pics for. i had Curried Chicken Couscous autéed with red and green peppers, onions and garbanzo in a mild spicy tomato sauce.

thorough - what's ethiopian food like? i've never tried. but from the photo, it looks a little like northern indian food. does it taste similar? the sambusa dish looks like the indian samosa too.

anyways. lunch at home for 2 days in a row!

hotpot/ teppanyaki

wayet1517aix3.jpg

and then enjoying some of the snacks brought back from the trip:

wayet1517bwk9.jpg

wayet1517ctq5.jpg

my absolutest favouritest japanese snack. we have these imported to singapore but only in the larger sized version. these japan-only miniatures have a better texture and taste i swear! i think i brought back all the convenience store had in stock.

lunch today:

wayet0519afq2.jpg

wayet0519box9.jpg

some dish always gets forgotten to be served till halfway through the meal - today it was the eggplant.

BOA is garbage. Overpriced, no charm, mediocre food, mediocre cuts of meat. There are dozens of better steakhouses in LA.

BOA is where fratguys take their dates.

I'm sure there are better, but we didn't want to pass up going and getting 30% off our meal /w 3 free bottles of wine.