what are you eating today?

soepom

My first time posting in this thread, but this shit was delicious and I just happened to have my camera on me. Picked up at a Greek cafe that I ride past everyday and have never noticed before.

Toasted Turkish bread with roasted eggplant, grilled zucchini, marinated artichoke, semi-dried tomatoes, rocket & baby spinach with a solid lashing of pesto-mayonnaise...

img2361b.jpg

at home for the week, decided to cook mum a nice garlic polenta, seared lamb rump and broccoli and walnut mash with an orange creme sauce. she came home an hour late and i had eaton both hers and mine. i assured her it was delicious and she thought i was sweet.

Is eating basashi really a trend now? If the place is quality, that is usually something I order. Most memorable one was some izakaya down in Shimo-Kita.

I don't think its really a trend or anything...in some areas in Japan (kumamoto, tohoku, etc.) they've been eating it forever, so its nothing new.

Its may be more common in some Tokyo restaurants now, especially as a seasonal/novelty thing anyway. But to Japanese people its pretty common.

^ the kitchen.

i agree. that brunch is nothing special. Its the same salty taste like any other big places (cheesecake factory).

One of the best brunches I had was at Prune in nyc. More interesting and tasty!

That is bizarre. If they did it on purpose, it seems like a good way to get the inside cold. If on accident, then why not just flip it over?

Prune has always treated me well. I'm a sucker for a Dutch Pancake and they make a good one. They also have a fried oyster omelet with a remoulade and powdered sugar which is real tasty.

Joe Doe down the block is also worth checking out. The food is always solid and there is never a wait due to Prune being the top pick.

^^ The kitchen did it on purpose to show the inside of the omelet.

Prune is indeed awesome. Last time gf had the dutch pancake and I had the monte cristo. Both were delicious. We went there around 2, only had to wait for 10 minutes for the table. I guess we were lucky, or just go later, just before they close for brunch.

Next week, i'm gonna hit up the clinton street baking co for brunch. Whats good there?

Got me fiendin for some real nasty fettucine alfredo now, cept I'd get some blistered cherry tomatoes in there with my thick mushroom slices and asparagus, and maybe forego the chicken for some simple bacon chunks.