What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Guest jeffvyain

i'd have taken a better picture if i'd have known i'd use it for this thread, but what the hey...

DSCN0159.jpg

those are my new apc new standards, one of those "christmas present" shirts that just happened to kinda fit me, and my Sperrys

Quote:
Quote:

Those cinder block bed legs are gansta.

--- Original message by oOmegaOo on Apr 8, 2006 04:52 PM

I use old textbooks...icon_smile_tongue.gif

As for me,

- Jil Sander black peacat with brass anchor buttons

- dark purple Miu Miu turtleneck

- Nudies Slim Jim dry blacks

- Brown Crockett & Jones chelsea boots

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Apr 8, 2006 05:59 PM

I like the sound of that... very soho to me.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Quote:

Atelier LaDurance frontier pants

Band of Outsiders oxford

American Apparel triblend T

Red Wing boots

--- Original message by ryandenim on Apr 8, 2006 05:54 PM

how are those triblend t's?

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

Guest jeffvyain

thos're 28s. i generally wear a 30, but i generally stretch my 30s out to a true 32 (my true, measured, waste size)...that's about as much info as i know to give you. i don't have any other dry denim to compare to.

Milspex, for the record, your style is horrible.

1. Oversized clothing hardly ever looks good. Oversized camo pants look cool sometimes. Oversized everything do not.

2. Just because hip hop gangsta stars wear oversized clothing doesn't mean it looks good. Have ever taken a good honest look at yourself? It looks horrible.

3. Oversized clothing is for guys who are overcompensating for something. 99% of all guys I've ever met who dress like that are also hip hop gangsta wannabes and they try to act all tough and hard. This intimidates the less confident men, but REAL men who are comfortable in their own skin see through you kind of guys' personas. That's why we don't feel the need to try to pretend to be bigger or something we're not. That's also why tighter fitted clothing is fashionable - psychologically and on a biological level, it conveys confidence. Oversized clothing is trying to make yourself look bigger. And look at the way 99% of these kinds of oversized clothing guys act...they put on this fake macho demeanor. If I were to ever meet you, would you still be as tough, or are only tough on the internet?

Just posting this to set it straight about ridiculous oversized clothing vs. regular clothing vs. confident clothing.

Edited by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 at 09:02 PM

lol well, i was browsing through some of the pages in this big ass megathread. too many pages to browse them all, but this guy just stuck out like a sore thumb, and only one guy was willing to speak up, but he got shot down. what the hell, isn't this a fashion forum, so how come milspex still isnt' corrected? i really don't care if he wants to continue to dress like a little 8 year old kid, but seeing other guys giving him props is pretty ridiculous lol. did he bring his posse over here for back up or something? lmao

Quote:

Milspex, for the record, your style is horrible.

1. Oversized clothing hardly ever looks good. Oversized camo pants look cool sometimes. Oversized everything do not.

2. Just because hip hop gangsta stars wear oversized clothing doesn't mean it looks good. Have ever taken a good honest look at yourself? It looks horrible.

3. Oversized clothing is for guys who are overcompensating for something. 99% of all guys I've ever met who dress like that are also hip hop gangsta wannabes and they try to act all tough and hard. This intimidates the less confident men, but REAL men who are comfortable in their own skin see through you kind of guys' personas. That's why we don't feel the need to try to pretend to be bigger or something we're not. That's also why tighter fitted clothing is fashionable - psychologically and on a biological level, it conveys confidence. Oversized clothing is trying to make yourself look bigger. And look at the way 99% of these kinds of oversized clothing guys act...they put on this fake macho demeanor. If I were to ever meet you, would you still be as tough, or are only tough on the internet?

Just posting this to set it straight about ridiculous oversized clothing vs. regular clothing vs. confident clothing.

Edited by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 at 09:02 PM

--- Original message by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 09:00 PM

whoa...watch out for a huge flame war between one of supertalk's celeberties vs. a noob....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

yes, i am new to supertalk. i was told that supertalk is a place to get good advice about high end jeans and specifical raw denim. didn't think that somebody with such antithetical style would a celebrity here. or is this place full of try-hard hip hop gangsta wannabe guys and i just haven't caught on yet?

i hope this doesn't degenerate into a "haha lol he's a noob so he's gotta be wrong...his credibility is solely dependent on his postcount!"

Quote:

So Yohji Yamamoto is crap because of his baggy flowing aesthetic?

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Apr 8, 2006 09:17 PM

i don't think the best arguments are those that appeal to authority. nobody is perfect and everybody has weaknesses and make mistakes.

that said, i don't know who Yohji Yamamoto is, but it doesn't matter. read my original post. i believe i made it clear that baggy can be cool. if done right. i have both baggy and tighter clothing.

Quote:

yes, i am new to supertalk. i was told that supertalk is a place to get good advice about high end jeans and specifical raw denim. didn't think that somebody with such antithetical style would a celebrity here. or is this place full of try-hard hip hop gangsta wannabe guys and i just haven't caught on yet?

i hope this doesn't degenerate into a "haha lol he's a noob so he's gotta be wrong...his credibility is solely dependent on his postcount!"

--- Original message by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 09:17 PM

i dont give a shit either way, just be ready....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

---afk

I don't like his outfit either, but who are you to say how he should dress or what his limits are. It's as simple as different tastes; he's entitled to his as you are yours. I don't think minimal postcounts should be used to discredit anyone's opinions either, but don't you think its a little fucked up to join a forum and immediately start insulting someone and try to make it seem justified because you use rhetoric and psychology? (sorry for the loaded question) You'll probably enjoy this forum a whole lot more if you chill the fuck out, ask questions when your curious, contribute when you can, and participate in the discussions that interest you and avoid the ones you don't.

sorry, bad timing!

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

Edited by LIVENUDEGIRLS on Apr 8, 2006 at 10:25 PM

640369754_l.jpg

to go urban exploring... with an electric organ?

everyone's favourite shemagh to block the dust

fred perry jacket

black tee

black hoodie

h&m jeans, self tapered and distressed

vans slipons

mec biking pack

1000000 pounds of camera equipment

Quote:
Quote:

4-5-06.jpg

--- Original message by chris on Apr 5, 2006 12:11 AM

that was in respond to chris sorry

--- Original message by krookedskater on Apr 8, 2006 09:38 PM

they're "kung fu" shoes. ill take better pictures later.

Quote:

ha, yeah what happened to the TRs?

--- Original message by poly800rock on Apr 9, 2006 12:14 AM

they got deleted as well. sorry, i can't be bothered to redo that post. maybe later. i doubt it would be you guys' styles anyway, e.g. i already know this site aren't fans of TRs

Edited by AFK on Apr 9, 2006 at 12:23 AM