What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

AFK, can't you just drop it. The thing about fashion is that there *usually isn't just one way to wear clothes. Get off your high horse and stop with the digression of the topic. Go start a post in supertrash, because that's where your argument belongs.

Quote:

Milspex, for the record, your style is horrible.

1. Oversized clothing hardly ever looks good. Oversized camo pants look cool sometimes. Oversized everything do not.

2. Just because hip hop gangsta stars wear oversized clothing doesn't mean it looks good. Have ever taken a good honest look at yourself? It looks horrible.

3. Oversized clothing is for guys who are overcompensating for something. 99% of all guys I've ever met who dress like that are also hip hop gangsta wannabes and they try to act all tough and hard. This intimidates the less confident men, but REAL men who are comfortable in their own skin see through you kind of guys' personas. That's why we don't feel the need to try to pretend to be bigger or something we're not. That's also why tighter fitted clothing is fashionable - psychologically and on a biological level, it conveys confidence. Oversized clothing is trying to make yourself look bigger. And look at the way 99% of these kinds of oversized clothing guys act...they put on this fake macho demeanor. If I were to ever meet you, would you still be as tough, or are only tough on the internet?

Just posting this to set it straight about ridiculous oversized clothing vs. regular clothing vs. confident clothing.

Edited by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 at 09:02 PM

--- Original message by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 09:00 PM

Bwahahahahahaha icon_smile_big.gif

Thanks for posting that. I`m sorry, you`re right! I`m gonna go trade in my stuff now for some nudie Slim jims, Puma speedcats and some super fitted tees.

Thanks again for your post, you schooled me. icon_smile_approve.gif

Bwahahahahahhaha

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Got W)Taps? The United Snakes of America: http://stores.ebay.com/Cobra-Command

AFK

You don't know who Yohji Yamamoto is?! Sheeeeet.

I'm not a fan of Milspex's fits as a whole either, but I don't come in here blasting him for wearing a different aesthetic, nor do I make generalisations that he's trying to be macho or that he listens to hiphop music because he dresses with a roomier silhouette.

You know why?

Because I'm not some ignorant fuck.

Case closed.

Donald: You know what you are? You're a self-loathing Jew.

Larry David: Hey, I may loathe myself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Jewish.

Quote:

lol well, i was browsing through some of the pages in this big ass megathread. too many pages to browse them all, but this guy just stuck out like a sore thumb, and only one guy was willing to speak up, but he got shot down. what the hell, isn't this a fashion forum, so how come milspex still isnt' corrected? i really don't care if he wants to continue to dress like a little 8 year old kid, but seeing other guys giving him props is pretty ridiculous lol. did he bring his posse over here for back up or something? lmao

--- Original message by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 09:10 PM

Corrected??! Mate what are you on. The use of that word clearly implies the existence of some definitive, objective ideal aesthetic of fashion. If you can convince me of the that then i will agree with you on Milspex! Otherwise its just a value judgement isn't it so shut up yr face.

regarding the whole milspex argument,

its pretty safe to say that milspex has one of the most individual looks on this forum, and lots of people seem to respect the consistency and confidence in the way he wears his clothes. the fact that his clothes are baggy dosent matter if it fits his persona and he wears them well.

if your going to attack someone about baggy clothes, choose a wearing some ridiculous t-shirt and some matching patent leather sneakers.

Quote:
Quote:

Milspex, for the record, your style is horrible.

1. Oversized clothing hardly ever looks good. Oversized camo pants look cool sometimes. Oversized everything do not.

2. Just because hip hop gangsta stars wear oversized clothing doesn't mean it looks good. Have ever taken a good honest look at yourself? It looks horrible.

3. Oversized clothing is for guys who are overcompensating for something. 99% of all guys I've ever met who dress like that are also hip hop gangsta wannabes and they try to act all tough and hard. This intimidates the less confident men, but REAL men who are comfortable in their own skin see through you kind of guys' personas. That's why we don't feel the need to try to pretend to be bigger or something we're not. That's also why tighter fitted clothing is fashionable - psychologically and on a biological level, it conveys confidence. Oversized clothing is trying to make yourself look bigger. And look at the way 99% of these kinds of oversized clothing guys act...they put on this fake macho demeanor. If I were to ever meet you, would you still be as tough, or are only tough on the internet?

Just posting this to set it straight about ridiculous oversized clothing vs. regular clothing vs. confident clothing.

Edited by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 at 09:02 PM

--- Original message by AFK on Apr 8, 2006 09:00 PM

Bwahahahahahaha icon_smile_big.gif

Thanks for posting that. I`m sorry, you`re right! I`m gonna go trade in my stuff now for some nudie Slim jims, Puma speedcats and some super fitted tees.

Thanks again for your post, you schooled me. icon_smile_approve.gif

Bwahahahahahhaha

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

--- Original message by MilSpex on Apr 9, 2006 01:38 AM

you should be ashamed for being schooled by a guy who doesnt know who yohji is. get some thin finns son, i dare you

Quote:
Quote:

47060140de.jpg

47060152ri.jpg

top to bottom:

Supreme black menece hat (not pictured)

H&M hood

Ralph Lauren button

Evisu x Puma jeans

Vans sk8 his (finally!)

--- Original message by youwish on Apr 8, 2006 10:02 PM

I love it.

--- Original message by Brad Pitt on Apr 9, 2006 04:33 AM

is this the womens skinny model?

Wanted:money

Quote:

chris, where do you get your cardigans from? i'm always too gutless to walk into the ladies' section to try out cardigans, cos over here there aren't too many places that sell them for guys.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Apr 9, 2006 02:35 AM

GAP. in the women's section.

Quote:
Quote:

chris, where do you get your cardigans from? i'm always too gutless to walk into the ladies' section to try out cardigans, cos over here there aren't too many places that sell them for guys.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Apr 9, 2006 02:35 AM

GAP. in the women's section.

--- Original message by chris on Apr 9, 2006 10:05 AM

ah, shit.

youwish, wonder which model of evisu are you wearing?

is it the rigid regular fit one or washed regular one? Or is it other styles which i don't know.

Plz let me know, im interested in buying a pair. Thx very much in advance.~

wait, are we now allowed to continue this discussion? cuz none of those last 10 posts were removed.

1. i said milspex needs to be corrected meaning he needs to realize that gangsta baggy isn't cool. that's all i ever said. don't put words in my mouth. also, i'm presuming anything about milspex. his posts and pics are littered throughout this thread so i have a lot to to draw from. not to mention that anyone who is proud of his gangsta shit is delusional.

2. milspex, i don't own any of those clothes. you've pegged me wrong. and even if i did wear that, you do realize you've just made fun of everyone who wore those clothes, which is a good percentage of the posters in this thread.

3. all the "omg you don't know who yoshi whatever the fuck his name so you aren't qualified to say if somebody looks like shit" comments is absurd. think about the reasoning you just spouted. also realize that 99.9% of the world's population must now not be qualified to know if something looks like shit. who the fuck is yoshi and why do i need to know who he is in order to know if something looks good or not. you guys are a bunch of mindless drones who can't think for themselves. the stereotypical fashion victim. your opinions are formed by what magazines tell you. some fashion board you guys got here. but thanks for the raw denim advice i got earlier.

Edited by AFK on Apr 9, 2006 at 04:15 PM

Fashion is personal.

Your comments aren't about fashion, they're about a stereotype. That all men who wear baggy clothes are trying to act "hard." And if you knew what the fuck you were talking about you would realize that milspex's fit and the whole "white tee" thing are different.

It goes the other way. I think the whole "denim craze," where people like you shell out hundreds of dollars for cloth, is ridiculous. Then you try to justify the cost by saying "its quality denim"

I think tight clothes and tight jeans look ridiculous. I don't care what the fuck Hedi Slimane says. Its personal.

Half of these "real" men are fucking transparent little shits anyway that think dropping $500 for boxer briefs is "cool."

Depht...

Edited by DEPHT on Apr 9, 2006 at 04:15 PM

Edited by DEPHT on Apr 9, 2006 at 04:15 PM