MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kurt, Im not in the market for the Pensacola but i have searched online in the past for a Faith stock list without success when trying to source McCoys that i know you stock. Do you have a link to an online stock/price list?

Or is it just what is posted on the blog then contact you for price and availability?

Hi, Double 0 Soul, we don't have direct link to an online stock n price list, but you can check our blog and contact us for price n any other details by e-mail or facebook message.

I was about to say "great one to start with," but it occurred to me I would say that about any of his pieces.  Anyways, I really like that shirt, and am especially envious of the direction the color will go as it is worn and washed!  

Looks good! I am also guilty of this but I think we should stop saying "piece" when referring to articles of clothing, Mister Freedom or not.  They are not from a museum....

On the other hand, if you're paying this much for clothes and don't see some kind of art value to it, you're making a mistake.

I might be missing something really simple, but I've never connected "piece" as it's used to refer to clothing to have any more to do with pieces of art than with pieces of pizza*.  It's about the least precious term to accurately describe what we are talking about that there is.  Unless you're just advocating for calling shirts "shirts", pants "pants" and so forth, but that would actually complicate and deter from the meaning of what theorocks was originally communicating.

*-I'm not making any claims here about the value of clothing vs. art vs. pizza but someone who really knows me could probably argue I'm privileging clothing too much by using the word "piece" and putting it on the same pedestal as pizza.

Damn it now I want some pizza too....

The only reason why I mentioned that is because I don't ever recall reading someone say "piece" when referring to clothing from flat head, Iron Heart, etc, which would make me think that it was indeed used in the artistic sense.  I could be wrong but that's just what it seemed to me...

^Been craving a decent slice all day...

...also, Christophe may have mentioned that the new Lot 64's use the same denim as the SC 1966's? Can anyone confirm this?

i see youve already asked him about it on his 'gram. im holding on to his word that it's 13 3/4 Oz RHT (SC 66). :) i seem to remember youve got fond memories of the sc66 fabric.

About how much can I expect the Lot. 64/SC 66 fabric to shrink in the waist after a couple warm soaks? Is 2" about it, or is there a chance that I could get 2.5" or more? Ideally, my jeans shrink down to 37" in the waist after the initial shrinking process -- Both the size 36 and 38, according to the size chart on the MF site, will shrink to tagged size after a 30min cold soak.

I had a pair of SC 1966s several years ago but didn't keep them. I do, however, remember loving the fabric. 

Edited by josh mullen

I might be missing something really simple, but I've never connected "piece" as it's used to refer to clothing to have any more to do with pieces of art than with pieces of pizza*.  It's about the least precious term to accurately describe what we are talking about that there is.  Unless you're just advocating for calling shirts "shirts", pants "pants" and so forth, but that would actually complicate and deter from the meaning of what theorocks was originally communicating.

*-I'm not making any claims here about the value of clothing vs. art vs. pizza but someone who really knows me could probably argue I'm privileging clothing too much by using the word "piece" and putting it on the same pedestal as pizza.

Yes agreed thanks ......looking forward to my next MF piece

Christophe confirmed they're the SC 1966 fabric...As far as shrinkage, I don't have measurements unfortunately but my pair shrank heavily to the point that I can no longer wear them because of the waist. At least 2" is safe, if not more depending on your frequency of washing. Stretching them out is tough, so I wouldn't expect much give. The fabric itself is prime; tough and tough to wear in...

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM