MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Length aside, I think that the front of the shirt looks super awkward untucked since it doesn't have the shape or mobility that comes with an open front at the bottom.  It's pretty apparent when worn untucked that it was designed to be tucked in, and in most cases, looks way better that way.  I've seen a guy pull it off really well with shorts and grey monkstrap chukkas, but he's the kind of guy who would wear the 7161MDs with a black cloak and Demeulemeester combat boots and have it look incredible, so the exception I think that proves the rule.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, on the front the part below the placket kind of bulges out.  It makes it pretty comfy to wear when untucked as there's plenty of fabric to allow for movement but definitely looks strange if you just see it straight on.  You can see it in the picture that stickshift posted. Also, the pack is just insanely long.  Like 2 inches longer than the front which is already super long.

Edited by itsbenhere

Occasionally i like to take a break from being an Obnoxious belligerent troll and balance it out with some nice gestures.

I recently posted a 2009 interview that Christophe did for Inventory in another forum so i am spreading some love over here too.

This is the very early 2008 collection that was compiled for the 2008 Sugar Cane Year Book.

9700647792_3fb4b1cf9d_c.jpg

9700655192_59722db822_c.jpg

9697419151_ebd840c048_c.jpg

9697417941_4954a207b3_c.jpg

9700651478_7af169afc2_c.jpg

9697416167_34a9680004_c.jpg

9697415095_f2864af69d_c.jpg

9697414343_f2729daa8a_c.jpg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

if you can size down i suggest you to do it. You'll have a great loose cut untucked and a beautiful fit tucked.

For now it's look better untucked.

Anyone have the measurement post soak for a Cali lot 44 in size 34?

Nice pick up! I love me a mechanic shirt and know you have wanted one for a while. What size did you go for? I was between the M/L but opted for the raw large from the store back in 2009. I only wash it when i really have too hence it took a long time to get all the shrinkage out but now its one of my best fitting well loved shirts. I have never worn it tucked in.

I like it tucked in, but in general I think that shirt suits a workwear aesthetic better (i.e. fuller cut denim with some visible wear, more rugged watch, heavier work boots, etc.).  To be honest, it looks kinda awkward both ways as is.

But as with most MF pieces, they look much better once you put some wear on them than fresh off the shelf.

Edited by PeterParker

Thanks for the feedback lads, all taken onboard.

Cheers Double-0 - this is an XL, I wanted to be able to wear a tee underneath, plus it should shrink just a bit.

Agreed Pete, definitely needs to be worn in, looking forward to doing exactly that! Also I'll be wearing it with a fuller cut (SDA xs-33s) and not my dress watch (just what I was wearing when it arrived in the post).

Those are pretty heavy Viberg boon dockers, but I've got some black Viberg service boots incoming which might suit it better.

Nice...that jacket is one of the most incredible things he's done...it's beautiful new, but the way it ages is insanely good, and the combo of a clean, simple jacket with the d-pocket is pretty awesome.  Next time I'm in LA, I'll have a real hard time not picking one up if it's still available in my size.  I'd go full retard though...stars, and the Mister Freedom stuff on the back if they still have that one.

I was in LA so I stopped into Mister Freedom....props to Chris if he's reading this for being a good sport about me trying on a bunch of stuff haha.  Nice to see you again! Anyway....

Pensacola: sweet but the knit part at the bottom kind of ruins it for me as using it for wet weather and heavy rain.  Tts at a 38...

husanyru.jpg

Mulholland Master: I really really like this one.  When I have enough scratch I will most likely try to score this as it looks sweet, has a beautiful blue corduroy lining, and will most definitely stand up to any weather you throw at it.  Yet again tts at a 38

7ebaze6y.jpg

Drover: God damn this thing is sick.  Looks-wise this is for sure my favorite jacket.  It runs a little small, I couldn't really do a 38 because it was super super slim...but the 40 was awesome.  38 in the first pic, 40 in the second.

IMG_3396.jpg

u3egu4u4.jpg

I didn't pic any of those up yet but I got this beautiful pueblo calico....such an amazing fabric.

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

Nice...that jacket is one of the most incredible things he's done...it's beautiful new, but the way it ages is insanely good, and the combo of a clean, simple jacket with the d-pocket is pretty awesome.  Next time I'm in LA, I'll have a real hard time not picking one up if it's still available in my size.  I'd go full retard though...stars, and the Mister Freedom stuff on the back if they still have that one.

From what they told me this is what was left:

Star version: 36, 38, 40

Non Star: 38, 40, 42.    I bought the size 38 though

Ive only seen the wild one with the MF back print in Japan before.  Way too wild for me haha

Kurt, How does Faith actually work. Do you have a web store showing your stock ? or do you trade through your shop in Taiwan and through your blog?

Fit looks fantastic btw. 

Shame i cant be trusted with cream coloured cuffs.

Hi,Double 0 Soul,

Thanks for your praise.We have Facebook and Blog. You can write us the commodities you want to purchase by e-mail.

Here is our contact:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FAITH.co.Ltd?fref=ts

Blog: http://www.woo-life.com/faith/blog

E-mail: [email protected]

Btw, the cream color cuffs are made of wool, and they are really comfortable to wear.

Thanks Kurt, Im not in the market for the Pensacola but i have searched online in the past for a Faith stock list without success when trying to source McCoys that i know you stock. Do you have a link to an online stock/price list?

Or is it just what is posted on the blog then contact you for price and availability?

My misfortune, my bad:

I was working and i told my wife to very hot soak my Cali last night, here is the result ;)

lo4n.jpg

Did some couture

dh5t.jpg

0emo.jpg

conclusion: If you're wife is not used to deal with raw denim don't let her do your job or told her exactly why an extremely hot soak is bad for your jeans. I will ask cristian if MF can send another patch or i will leave the jeans without it (it's not that bad anyway.)

Will post some fit pic later

Ha! count yerself lucky the patch was the only casualty. My beautiful wife shoved my Roys in a 60c wash without even turning them inside out, lost the patch and was left with permanent vertical washing machine fades up and down legs. I feel shame and anger whenever I wear them now.

Edited by kimi