Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Why not. For most people it is preferred that paint on backpocket chips off. Add's a lot of character to the also apparent wear.

I'm not so sure about that.  I suppose it would depend on how it faded.  The fade in the above pic (and some others I've seen) looks more like an unintentional smudge than anything else.  Some might like that, other's might not.  I'd fall into the latter camp.  

Technically speaking, a cleft jaw and lazy eye can lend "character" to a person's appearance.  However, many would argue said "character" has a negative impact in the person's overall appearance.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

I understand where u are coming from M1stral. I have been told that the paint chipping does add a lot of character and appeal to certain people but to me, what ive done to the back pocket on these jeans im not too happy about.

wabi-sabi ...  the battle stripes were design to degrade/smudge/chip off or w/e you want to call it ... otherwise, they would've use paint material that'd be more durable to wear.  

peeps who are OCD about it should generally avoid the GTBs & opt on either blank pockets or the copper label arcs,  instead.  

Edited by BrownMetallic

hey guys, quick question.

I wanna grab those Copper label G-007 but i keep on seeing conflicting measurments on them. My waist measures out to a 34' exactly. I wear a size 32 In PBJ-12's comfortably, and I'm kinda into a more slim fit anyway. Should i go with the size tag size 30's that measure out to a 32 waist? or 31 that measures out to a 33 waist?

Would the 32 waist stretch to a 34 comfortably? I wear a size 32 in Flat Heads, Unbrandeds, and PBJ's.

I have the Copper Label G014, and I don't think the waist will stretch 2 inches.  I got mine at the end of May, and the waist doesn't feel like it has stretched that much.  I haven't worn them every day, but I have put a decent amount of wear into them.  The point is, if I were you I wouldn't size down to the 32 inch waist

Edited by spraj

haha got ya, thanks spraj. thing is the measurements are all over the place, not sure which website to believe!

Well, just got the jeans in a size 31, or a 33'. Will update with fit pics later.

Edited by jcohen26

How much should I expect momotaro's 15.7oz denim to stretch in the waist? The pair I will be getting is tagged 30 (measures 32 apparently, but I might want to size up one if the denim won't stretch much).

In our experience, the 15.7oz. denim is a Sanforized denim and depending on the model you get it will likely be rinsed or Once Washed. With that in mind, still expect approximately 1 inch at least of stretch around the waist with wear. That being said, we would definitely suggest sizing up one size when purchasing to get a good fit because with the hand made nature of Momotaros, sizing is never spot on and generally they run slightly smaller than slightly bigger than the listed sizes in most cases. Hope this helps!

The 15.7oz denim on the 0201, 0701 and 0901 is not sanforized. Both my pairs of 0901 were 2 inches over tagged size on the waist (in the raw state). Like most raw denim, it will stretch back to raw size with wearing after a wash/soak.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

My 0201 stretched back to pre-soak measurements with wear (or maybe a bit more). And Maynard is right, they are NOT sanforized. Some stores may have them in both unsanforized and one-wash I guess, but unless the site tells you specifically they are unsanforized.

The 15.7oz denim on the 0201, 0701 and 0901 is not sanforized. Both my pairs of 0901 were 2 inches over tagged size on the waist (in the raw state). Like most raw denim, it will stretch back to raw size with wearing after a wash/soak.

We completely agree in the case of the Vintage Label jeans (0201, 0701 and 0901) being Unsanforized and they do come larger than tagged size and they will stretch back with constant wear. But these same Vintage Label jeans come in both Raw and One Wash versions.

Also when 15.7oz denim was suggested above, we thought the discussion was about the Going to Battle Label by Momotaro which are Sanforized.

browsed through half the forum and really want a pair of those 0705SP's!!! Im in Hong Kong so I could try them at Take5.. however they seem to overcharge quite a bit for their goods.. found a better price on rakuten but never ordered anything from them before.. I was thinking of getting tts on the waist.. but rakuten has a hemming service.. any input on whether thats a good idea or not? (im 5'7") Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, found the jeans at need supply co. for a very nice price.. but the patch on those denim that the model is wearing is blank.. anyone have any experiences with them?

http://needsupply.com/mens/denim/tight-straight-with-paint.html#

Edited by jonw1ngwong

browsed through half the forum and really want a pair of those 0705SP's!!! Im in Hong Kong so I could try them at Take5.. however they seem to overcharge quite a bit for their goods.. found a better price on rakuten but never ordered anything from them before.. I was thinking of getting tts on the waist.. but rakuten has a hemming service.. any input on whether thats a good idea or not? (im 5'7") Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, found the jeans at need supply co. for a very nice price.. but the patch on those denim that the model is wearing is blank.. anyone have any experiences with them?

http://needsupply.com/mens/denim/tight-straight-with-paint.html#

The jeans on need supply are a collaboration between momotaro and japan blue, they're not the 0705SP. I do have experience with that fabric, and I can attest to the fact that they are stubborn haha

found some amazing future releases by momotaro. ohhh.png spoiler'd in case you guys like waiting for surprises.

natural indigo weft, i think these are already available at blue in green but capsule says they're a 2014 thing. 

http://capsuleshow.com/wearethemarket/ss14-preview-momotaro-jeans/

momotaro-jeans-ss14-preview-capsule-we-a

peach weft? really like the tint on this one.  momotaro-japan-rampuya-2013-2014-fall-au

http://www.denimjeansobserver.com/mag/2013/03/07/momotaro-japan-rampuya-kojima-okayama-2013-2014-fall-autumn-winter-mens-collection-top-picks-denim-jeans-capsule-show-vegas/

Edited by rosarkar

found some amazing future releases by momotaro. ohhh.png spoiler'd in case you guys like waiting for surprises.

natural indigo weft, i think these are already available at blue in green but capsule says they're a 2014 thing. 

http://capsuleshow.com/wearethemarket/ss14-preview-momotaro-jeans/

momotaro-jeans-ss14-preview-capsule-we-a

peach weft? really like the tint on this one.  momotaro-japan-rampuya-2013-2014-fall-au

http://www.denimjeansobserver.com/mag/2013/03/07/momotaro-japan-rampuya-kojima-okayama-2013-2014-fall-autumn-winter-mens-collection-top-picks-denim-jeans-capsule-show-vegas/

I've seen pictures of the natural indigo weft (0702AI?) but that's the first I've seen of the peach weft. looks cool.

Quite the pairs of jeans I like both the Natural indigo weft and the peach. So much denim so little time.