THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I want to buy a pair of moderately skinny jeans with slightly tapered legs.

I know the fact that jeans generally have bigger size on the hip/thigh than on the knee, but some jeans narrow from the thigh to the knee much more than others do.

Nudie Jeans Thin Fin seem to narrow a lot from the hip to the knee. Since I have skinny legs and flat hips, I don't know if that's gonna look good.

Could anybody give some recommendations?

if you had to leave japan with only one quintessential pair of denim, with money as no object, going for the highest quality denim, and something on the slimmer/straight leg side, ie dior 21cm, what should i get? right now im thinking samurai or 45rpm...any help is very appreciated...thanks

45rpm Jomon

Probably been asked a million times, but anyways...

LVC Type I ('36) or Type III ('67) jacket. I like the slimmer cut of the Type III but I also love the pleats on the Type I. I will wear this a lot while cycling around town, so a jacket that doesn't bunch up would be nice (Type III) but so would be one I can fit a warm sweater underneath (Type III). Size XL is just about big enough for me in both cases (length, back width and sleeve length-wise) if I expect to do some cold wash in the future.

Re jackets.. only you can answer, they look so different. The Type III is definitely the more flattering cut; bear in mind that it is Sanforized, so you don't have to worry about shrinking with this model.

ON the NS vs 1947; the NS is slimmer, and lower rise, although I would say the LVC 1947 wears in more nicely. Lots of before-and-after photos here if you search.