THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Dull as in colorwise they are too black. Plus, I have Imp dukes in black and I really dont need two pairs of black. The only reason I dont wanna do it is because I am trading red tabbed FHs for blank pocket FHs :(

...and here I am wishing I had bought a pair of 4001bk's instead of my black imperials :eek:

hey all, need advice! going for my first (non-dior) japanese denim and am torn between these two:

skull 5010xx VS samurai 710xx

my number one priority is the CUT. i'm striving for that late sixties, andy warhol / joe dallessandro, slim classic cut - i think something close to the 505 or maybe slightly slimmer - with a fitted, curvy ass. i initially thought the 710 might be the pick since it's based on the 505, but i've seen photos of the skulls looking like just what i'm talking about:

mo-5010xx-2.jpg

but some of the measurements i've seen show the jeans having almost exactly the same measurements. i guess i answered my own question with that photo so my question really is whether there's any reason i should pick the sams over the skulls, or look at something else!

don't leave me hanging dude, gimme your reasoning!

remembering that while i love good construction, denim etc, my priority is the cut.

the only thing you can do is troll through the Skull/Sams/Jeans Fit threads to see what fit you like best on others...its impossible to tell from measurements and without trying them on

i just like sams better :D

haha cheers. unfortunately everyone in the sams thread is wearing their 710s way too big, and anyway almost no-one seems to be in the 710s. i guess the sams crowd are more serious about their early denim and thus early cuts, while i'm looking for that slim sixties fit. so i've got no real idea what they look like sized down..

haha cheers. unfortunately everyone in the sams thread is wearing their 710s way too big, and anyway almost no-one seems to be in the 710s. i guess the sams crowd are more serious about their early denim and thus early cuts, while i'm looking for that slim sixties fit. so i've got no real idea what they look like sized down..

I would give Gordon a call at www.blueingreensoho.com and see what he suggests.

So I've been lurking in the shadows for a while, but I've been looking to get into denim. So I am a bigger guy (say 36 or 38 waist) and I was looking at getting a pair of 1966 sugar canes or 3005 flatheads. I'm looking for something that will fit a bit more relaxed than skinny. Thoughts?

I'd look at the 1947 sugarcanes, they are roomy. Also, Ironheart has bigger sizes, 36 and 38. my sc 47's are a 36 one wash and measure 36" in the waist.

I found the SC 1947s to be cut VERY strangely in the big sizes - a la evisu: tiny waist and hugely baggy everywhere else. Iron hearts are a good choice - they run up to size 40 but they're really slim cut so you'll probably have to size up. SC okinawas or 40X00Ns would also be good choices.

Hi guys, need recommendations for denim purchases in Tokyo. Currently I've got

SC Okinawa

Levi's Red selvage

Imperial Duke Black

PBJ xx005 blk (in the post)

Lee Poland half selvage 101b and 101z

LVC 1947

Visvim Fluxus 05

Some Thai knockoff

Topman selvage

Was thinking of getting a pair of Eternal 811s and Samurai 710s to round things out, looking for slim indigo jeans. Think 811s got a slightly more repro cut and 710s more contemporary right? Any other suggestions?

Currently wearing: Nudie Slim Jims

Its been a good solid 6 months of continious wear, looking forward to a new pair

I've been eye'n some sammies, and skulls, any suggestions on similiar cut to the slim jims? hopefully something with a little more leg opening. Thanks!

The skull 5010xx are slimmer than the slim jims in the same size.Get the Sammies S0500xx or the S0110xj, I got them both and they're frickin awesome.

April77 Joey Colordrive black or

Nudie Thin Finn Black coated or

Cheap Monday Tight black?

I'm basically looking for tight black pants. Price actually is sort of an issue, which is why I'm leaning towards the CMs right now. Also, I'm a size 25 APC NS, so what sizes should I get?

If you can find them in your size grab the Nudie's there fresh. Although you do have a point with the CM tight's. try and find an online code for the Nudie's at Fos5 or Context.

I am still looking for a pair of denim to invest into. I want a similar cut to the nudie slim jims. To give you all a little about myself, I am on the slimmer side being 5' 4" and about 125. i have a budget of around 200. if anybody can help me it will be greatly appreciated. As of now I have a few in mind but i want to know how they fit. The Skulls 5010xx 6x6 or PBJ 005. i read somewhere that the skulls are pretty tight. and i need help with the sizing. ADVICE NEEDED

I am still looking for a pair of denim to invest into. I want a similar cut to the nudie slim jims. To give you all a little about myself, I am on the slimmer side being 5' 4" and about 125. i have a budget of around 200. if anybody can help me it will be greatly appreciated. As of now I have a few in mind but i want to know how they fit. The Skulls 5010xx 6x6 or PBJ 005. i read somewhere that the skulls are pretty tight. and i need help with the sizing. ADVICE NEEDED

The closet fit to the nudie slim jims is the PBJ xx-005. The pbjs have a lower rise than the slim jims, but are slim in the thighs and completely straight from the knee down. The skulls are comparable in cut to the pbjs, but have a 0.5 taper from the knee down. Also, in response to your PM, you have to call in to receive 30% for first time customers and the discount cannot be used on nudie jeans.

I'm basically looking for tight black pants. Price actually is sort of an issue, which is why I'm leaning towards the CMs right now. Also, I'm a size 25 APC NS, so what sizes should I get?

sizes in APC are really hard to compare with because they stretch variably.

if price is your real concern, then get the CM.

i don't know what the black coated are like, but nudies don't dwell well on me for some reaso nor another.

that being said, if you're willing to spend a little more, get the april 77. they're quite the cut.

I would go with the thin finns. I'm not sure if the black coated finns have lycra, but one of the finns has 2% lycra and they're super comfortable. Get the finns cheap from context with the 15% off coupon "threads" or from denimbar (if they stock it) with the 20% + free shipping styleforum discount.

Skinny older guy here. I am working on a pair of APC NS size 33 (36 wasit actual size). I do like the modern cut and have gotton compliments on them but feel the crotch area is both a bit squeezed and too short. Id like to explore another brand that fits in between the NS and the ultra baggy sugar canes and LVC 's i usually have. Without the tapered leg opening. No fancy pockets. since m older without mujch time, id prefer to get a washed version but its not mandatory Thoughts on these

Eternal 811s

Sammy SVX 5000

5EP Low rise Boot or striaght cut

Lower end 45R pm ( if i sell some other stuff)

I am six feet and 175lb. Skinny BUt with a slight gut. I usually go with a 38" in the LVC or STF and wash down two sizes. My sugar canes are also 36 and are ok in the waist. I tried a Kicking Mule recently but it did not look so great.

I currently own

SC Edos

LVC 33

SC 1947

SC 1966-arriving soon

2007 Levis 501 eco USA made indigo (a bit slimmer then the lvcs)

Skinny older guy here. I am working on a pair of APC NS size 33 (36 wasit actual size). I do like the modern cut and have gotton compliments on them but feel the crotch area is both a bit squeezed and too short. Id like to explore another brand that fits in between the NS and the ultra baggy sugar canes and LVC 's i usually have. Without the tapered leg opening. No fancy pockets. since m older without mujch time, id prefer to get a washed version but its not mandatory Thoughts on these

Eternal 811s

Sammy SVX 5000

5EP Low rise Boot or striaght cut

Lower end 45R pm ( if i sell some other stuff)

I am six feet and 175lb. Skinny BUt with a slight gut. I usually go with a 38" in the LVC or STF and wash down two sizes. My sugar canes are also 36 and are ok in the waist. I tried a Kicking Mule recently but it did not look so great.

I currently own

SC Edos

LVC 33

SC 1947

SC 1966-arriving soon

2007 Levis 501 eco USA made indigo (a bit slimmer then the lvcs)

I would go with the 5EP LDB in rigid (size down at least 2 from your normal as these run big and stretch a ton). A size 30, for example measures about 32-32.5 inches. The higher rise should be much more comfortable in the crotch than your A.P.C., plus the hardware and construction of the jeans is second to none. IMO, the construction/quality is as good as r by 45rpm, and the color of the jeans is truly amazing. BTW, you can get them shipped free w/ a 30% of discount from revolveclothing.com if it's your first purchase from them. If not, there are a bunch of 20% off coupons floating around. Best of luck with your purchase.

I would go with the 5EP LDB in rigid (size down at least 2 from your normal as these run big and stretch a ton). A size 30, for example measures about 32-32.5 inches. The higher rise should be much more comfortable in the crotch than your A.P.C., plus the hardware and construction of the jeans is second to none. IMO, the construction/quality is as good as r by 45rpm, and the color of the jeans is truly amazing. BTW, you can get them shipped free w/ a 30% of discount from revolveclothing.com if it's your first purchase from them. If not, there are a bunch of 20% off coupons floating around. Best of luck with your purchase.

Dan thanks for the suggestion. Any particular reason you are selling a pair?