THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

That is a great list. couple comments: fullcounts are great, but they stretch a lot, and the back pockets are reaaaally far apart and can make them seem a little dumpy, even though they are quite fitted everywhere else. 103's are a similar cut but with much more flattering back pockets. super smooth denim, completely non slubby, but a bit stubborn. they fade rather slow compared to the flatheads, sams or fullcounts. i would personally go for the eternals or the sdas, but if you're looking for something to break fast, i'd go with the sams or the FH.

can someone help me out?...

I'm looking for a semi-slim pair of jeans; leg opening around 8 3/4 inches in size 35 or so. Not looking for anything really slubby since I have a pair of Onis and I dont want anything with an anti-fit ass.

Momotaro straight

SDA 103

Samurai S0500

Fullcount 1108

eternal 811

flat head 380

What are some other models like those? out of those what would you reccommend?

thanks

Sup yall,

I'm torn between:

ACP NS Raw Blacks &

Nudie Average Joe Black Selvedge

I like both cuts equally as well. The price points are similar. Which denim do you think is of better quality? Which will produce better fading?

If you would be interested in a pair of jeans with nicer denim and construction that has a very similar cut and will fade nicely, I would definitely recommend the PBJ005BK...the denim is amazing and its a great cut that is very similar to the NS and Average Joe for a similar price.

^

are you working on a pair of the 005 blacks? if so, post a pic already!

Nah, I am just familiar with the denim/cut because I have a pair of 007s (which arent getting any wear because they are a size or two too big, trying to sell them to size down). Also, I have Average Joes in Dry Black Selvage and have worn NS's as well, so I am familiar with the fits. The PBJs are the black jeans I would get based on denim alone. I also would love to see wear pics on them.

interested in these

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...ARTMENT_ID=38#

and these

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...ARTMENT_ID=38#

one is the latjo laban i believe, the other I'm not sure but the description says "This is a heavy weight Japanese Stretch Selvage Denim with the selvage edge along the inside of the leg. Relaxed through the thigh and tapered opening with a medium rise.'

I like to wear my jeans slim/skinny but not nut huggers. Also I'm a size 28 waist so should I get a size 26 for Cheap Monday since they do stretch alot.

Both are selvage and dirt cheap, help me decide.

Which should I choose?

a) Nudie - Even Steven - Dry Blue Black

B) Nudie - Slim Jim - Dry Japan

c) APC - Rescue - Raw Dry Indigo

d) Lee - 101z - Dry Indigo

Really, I had my heart set on the ESDBB, as I thought I was into the taper, and I think to a certain extent I still am.

But I tried the Lee's on and they had a very nice fit. Also the APCs were nice, but I think would need hemming, as I guess they only come in one leg size.

The Slim Jims I haven't tried on, but they looked like a good selvedge Nudie. What are your opinions?

I do like the darker colour of the ESDBB, is there much else with this kind of color?

Is there a selvedge option that has a taper like the Nudie ES, but perhaps a little less harsh, and maybe a tiny bit straighter in the thigh?

Don't buy nudies...

If you really like the 101z fit, search for leepros... the lee version's denim isnt that great, but there are a number of japanese compaines that have reproductions of the lee models with superior denim and construction

hi, i need some new jeans.

i have a pair of pbj xx-005, and i love the fit. actually, i wouldnt mind if it were a bit more tapered. im looking for a pair of jeans with a similair fit (i wouldnt mind a higher rise).

which one has a fit most similair to the 005s?

and, can you organize the following from slimmest to loosest?

samurai 5000bk

samurai s710xx

eternal 811

eternal 864

thank you.

samurai 5000bk

samurai s710xx

eternal 811

eternal 864

thank you.

Just going off BiG measurements, get the 710s, more similar to 005s than anything. The 811s have narrower thighs, larger knees and a taper, the 710s are a lot like the 005s. The 864s are just a weird cut and they're super-low-rise which you didn't want. The 5000s aren't slim.

samurai s710xx

eternal 811

eternal 864

samurai 5000bk

hi, i need some new jeans.

i have a pair of pbj xx-005, and i love the fit. actually, i wouldnt mind if it were a bit more tapered. im looking for a pair of jeans with a similair fit (i wouldnt mind a higher rise).

samurai 5000bk

samurai s710xx

eternal 811

eternal 864

thank you.

get another pair of pbj's ... maybe the 008's, 007's, or black 005's. im not sure any of these are exactly like the pbj slim/straight cut.

slim to loose:

eternal 811

eternal 864/samurai 710xx

samurai 5000 black

Ok I have some extra loot and want to unload it on another pair. 710 sam's or left hand weave sam's??? I'm basing it on the denim alone not cut. I want something I don't have either a heavier jean or a Lee repro. which one?

Ok I have some extra loot and want to unload it on another pair. 710 sam's or left hand weave sam's??? I'm basing it on the denim alone not cut. I want something I don't have either a heavier jean or a Lee repro. which one?

thats tough...

I'd get the 710s, which im working on getting myself. The LHT will be harder to fade but the 19oz might be just as hard as well. I dont think you can go wrong with either.