what are you watching today?

red

i also watched The Town yesterday with friends, it was the only decent choice on that stupid VOD thing. Not a bad movie, Ben Affleck got some skills, but really nothing new either. When the movie start you know there'll be a romance with a hostage and a thought rivalry between two old friends and a half happy ending.

^What did you think of Enter the Void? I don't think Gaspar Noe's films warrant their own thread but fuck he makes some weird/great movies.

I think that they're (at least Enter the Void) more spectacle films than anything else. Once you've seen Enter the Void for the first time and know how it's going to end up (and all the surprises), it looses a lot of its impact. At times, it was actually painful to sit through again. I think the impact lies in the visuals and the shock.

On another note, I've been on a Cassavetes kick recently. Saw A Woman Under the Influence, and now this.

Faces, 1968:

faces_poster.jpg

Holy shit. So great.

I think that they're (at least Enter the Void) more spectacle films than anything else. Once you've seen Enter the Void for the first time and know how it's going to end up (and all the surprises), it looses a lot of its impact. At times, it was actually painful to sit through again. I think the impact lies in the visuals and the shock.

On another note, I've been on a Cassavetes kick recently. Saw A Woman Under the Influence, and now this.

Faces, 1968:

faces_poster.jpg

Holy shit. So great.

if you get the chance watch Shadows thats really fantastic, comes in right at the heart of beat cinema, and The Killing of A Chinese Bookie is fantastic as well, Opening Night isn't bad either....

yep just watched enter the void the other day. interesting flick for sure. all the drug use and sex kept my attention ;), but all the aerial crane shots meandering through tokyo after a while got tired.