what are you watching today?

red

Monsters was horrible. At least Battle LA looks entertaining.

Monster was polarizing... I know a lot of people who loved it, and equally many that hated it. Personally, I didn't mind it. At least it wasn't full of monotonous alien movie cliches.

That was me.. I loved this show, but apparently not too many other people did. Cancelled after 2 seasons :(

I think it's because Adam Scott (Henry) left, but there might be other reasons.

I think it's because Adam Scott (Henry) left, but there might be other reasons.

Nah Adam left after the former CEO of HBO took over starz and added a bunch of uncertainty to the third season's production. And because yeah like shufon said it wasn't getting any ratings with its friday timeslot..there's a lot of good stuff in this article/interview about the show and how it got made:

http://www.details.com/celebrities-entertainment/movies-and-tv/201102/complete-oral-history-starz-comedy-party-down?currentPage=1

28inszt.gif

EDIT: Def. worth watching. I enjoyed it, very clever. The first hour was stronger than the latter half. Does an incredible job of exploring expectations in film and revives some surealist/absurdist/anti-art concepts. The last scene is pretty interesting w/the hollywood sign because originally french surrealist film was a response to formulaic hollywood films. Gaspard from Justice makes a pretty funny cameo, and Quentin Dupieux is Mr. Oizo also of Ed Banger Records.