Underrated Denim Brands...?

tyco

arent those farmers joint like 5-600 dollars? damn, dude too grown for me, right now. also the bootleggers joints are wild, they surprised the hell outta me when i first saw them like and straight copy, hence the name.

since I don't read style forum I'll say rag&bone. I have the RB11's and they are my favorite. Kills me every morning when I wake up and see them and put on the contest sams instead. Denim is great, lined pockets hidden riviets, very minimal as far as branding goes (no back pocket stitch except for small rb) brace buttons awesome hardware etc. nothing I dont like about mine. selvage coinpocket etc etc. sofar these are beautifully fading as well at the 6month mark. will be very 3d, not too contrasty in the future

Sugarcane is more of a faithful repro than SDA's. SDA's are very nice, my 103's are on the backburner due to the contest. I never followed full count, never stood out in my mind, and eternals are very nice, the fades are unmistakable. but they are so bad a sizing in my experience....don't understand the stretch factor on em.

Yeah suger cane sound like such a levi homage, id like some eternals for the fade.

Mind you I see lots of really nice sda103s faded beautifully.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

I wish Wrangler hadn't have given up on its Blue Bell line from a few years back with made in USA, selvedge, etc.

I guess it never took off, but it feels like with the right people in charge they (and Lee) could do more, and at a better price than LVC. I hope Wrangler makes another go at it because they have a wonderful catalog to dig back into.

Edited by Iron Horse

I bought a pair of Bluebell selvedge (within the felled outseam) Japanese-made Wranglers (I think) from ASOS a few years back but had to send them back because the fit wasn't right (waist too big and thighs too skinny). They were very nice though.

• 1 year later...
On 7 December 2006 at 7:14 PM, poly800rock said:

styleforum is like fucking sponsered by 5EP and Rag & Bone.....every word out of anyone's mouth over there is either 5ep or rag and bone. check over there for more info on those brands, people here prefer japanese denim from japan...

Totally agree!

i have other well fitting jeans, but when they go will be replaced by Japanese denim!

On 22 March 2008 at 0:01 PM, coleslawyum said:

What's up with all this grave diggin'…?

For me, it's a thrifted pair of Jean Shop rockers at the moment... 26th February 2010 it says inside, great cut and well-made.  Years of high-end Japanese jeans have made me miss rolled belt loops and pocket edges, and the fabric is maybe a little papery in texture (like I remember Imperials from that period to be).. but I can't find much to fault on these.  Certainly not for $10!  Cut-wise, they've edged out my UES 400T and Sugarcane Hawaiis, which are the pairs I've been wearing most recently.