SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

edited............

these were from the evisu thread...

here it is...

2001 - evisu basic cut, button fly, hidden rivet, gull back pocket

2002 - same as 2001, but with zipper fly

2000 - a little more straight silhouette compared to 2001

2000Z - 2000 cut with zipper fly

2004 - buckleback, slightly looser than 2001

2005 - slim straight, even slimmer than 2000, zipper fly

2017 - boot-cut, zipper fly

2101 - lee styled back pocket, but with white paint mark. left hand twill (!)

yamane deluxe - wrangler styled back pocket, very slubby denim with lots of neps.

the paris line

epc1459 - the reversible one

epc1468 - snake and gull back pockets

es04ew - low rise, white gull back pocket, buckle

epc1535 - 3 or 4 kinds of denim materials in one pair of jeans

epc1458 - the so-called spiral cut

epc1544 - the classic pants

epc1461 - large daikoku (daicock?) paint at the back, side pockets on both knees

epc1460 - patched daikoku at the back

epc1457 - the 21 pockets (yucks)

epc1447 - plain back pockets, slight flared bootcut

epc1463 - crane and gull back pockets

hope that helps

There's a lot of conflicting/confusing information on Evisu sizing on these boards, so just doing a search of previous threads may not provide clear answers.

I'll throw in my two cents, which hopefully won't confuse the issue further.

For Evisu No. 2 #2000, I would begin by referring to the sizing chart on this page:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/004004000004/order/

(scroll down about half way)

The measurements listed are pre-wash, but the denim is sanfordized so shrinking should be minimal, maybe 1" at waist or so. Generally, I think you can go true to your actual waist size or size down one if you're looking for a tighter fit.

For Evisu No. 1 #2000, start with the sizing chart here:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/004004000001/order/

These measurements are also pre-wash, but the denim will shrink considerably. Also, even though they are supposed to be the same cuts, I found the No. 1 2000s to feel considerably slimmer and tighter (waist, thighs, crotch, leg openings etc.) than the No. 2 2000s and I think you can see that if you compare the measurement charts. Generally, I would size up one or two sizes unless you are looking for a very tight and slim fit.

Hey, I'm looking to find some denim that is very similar in cut to the nudie slim jim, but less "euro-trashy" than nudie. I love the cut of it, but don't like the back pockets and orange stitching and such.

No taper, or very very slight if any

Not predistressed, but relatively thin also. I like the material of april77 colordrives, for example, but not the taper.

preferrably overdyed black or indigo.

I've been looking at acne jeans, ksubi dee dee, and julian red calis. But a lot of the pictures I'm finding give different impressions, and some of the prices are too high. So my question is, what is some denim that is slim but not tapered, and is relatively straight in color?

Hey, I'm looking to find some denim that is very similar in cut to the nudie slim jim, but less "euro-trashy" than nudie. I love the cut of it, but don't like the back pockets and orange stitching and such.

No taper, or very very slight if any

Not predistressed, but relatively thin also. I like the material of april77 colordrives, for example, but not the taper.

preferrably overdyed black or indigo.

I've been looking at acne jeans, ksubi dee dee, and julian red calis. But a lot of the pictures I'm finding give different impressions, and some of the prices are too high. So my question is, what is some denim that is slim but not tapered, and is relatively straight in color?

pbj xx-008 or skull 5010xx

is the lvc 1947 dead stock pair on the levisstore site the same raw pair that cultizm has?

LVC has various different collections based on country. Yours are probably for the US market, and Cultizm's are for the European market. If you look on some of the Japanese websites that carry the line, some of them carry both the Japanese and the North American line (which this site calls "overseas").

what cut is ironheart 634 considered? slim, regular, relaxed? and how's the leg opening on these? thanks!

Its a bit inbetween slim & regular. Leg opening is 8ish depending on size. Size chart & info here:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=205

I have a pair of Levi 510's (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=161964219B683922849A8874D0B980DD.app13-node6?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=13380704&parentid=M_APP_JEANS_SKINNY&sortProperties=price&navCount=5&navAction=poppush&color=) and people have confirmed that they are raw denim. I haven't washed them since I bought them and I bought them 4 months ago.

I want to starch as well as shrink my jeans (they're starting to stretch) but I don't want any fading. I want them to keep the same deep blue color/sheen. Suggestions? I've never starched anything before (but I do have liquid starch) and this is my first pair of raw denim.

Washing your jeans will shrink them back for about 10 minutes after you wear them again. Then they'll be stretched back out again. If you want to keep the colour, wash inside out, cold water, delicate cycle, mild detergent. The sheen will most likely be gone after washing them.

Why do you want to startch them?

where would i buy samurais in the usa with arcs and tabs?

Nowhere, forget about the arcs and tabs and buy them from Blue in Green.

It's still the same amazing denim and hardware...

a Flat Head 3001 sizing question:

Most of my jeans' waists measure around 16.5" across after a lot of wear. Would I be best off with size 31 (according to Self Edge measure 32 across the waist) or 32 (measure 33)?

You'd be better off with the size 31.

Really? Aw, I was under the impression that raw denim shrunk a significant amount.

I do want to keep the color and sheen as much as possible. I'm not deadset on keeping them a mega dark blue for as long as possible, but for the first wash (or soak?) I'd rather keep them as dark as possible. But I also want to shrink them as much as possible. And I was under the impression that a hot soak was needed for shrinking?

I want to starch them because I love how rigid jeans look (the creasing and such).

Those jeans are sanforized, meaning they won't shrink more than 1% or so. They will shrink back to how they were before they stretched (I'm assuming they stretched a bit), but they'll stretch back out the first time you wear them.

I'm not even certain if those jeans are raw...have they faded at all? They're not the greatest quality jeans in the world, so the colour isn't going to stay like it would on a pair of the Japanese jeans you read about on here. The best way to keep the colour is to wash inside out with a mild detergent using cold water on the delicate cycle...or hand wash.

I'm not into startching, but you can read about it here and here if you haven't already.

I just got some House of Cassette jeans (not much mention of them around here - I'm alright with that). I'm in a sizing-pickle, however, and hoping to get some opinions. The problem is that Cassette doesn't make size 31 denim. The size 30 pair are snug in the waist and VERY snug in the thighs, but the 32s feel a bit baggy, and I can comfortably pull the waistband out about an inch while wearing them.

I also don't really know how much I should expect them to stretch. Up to now, all the raw denim I've had has had some stretch in it, so I don't know if I can expect the as-of-yet uncomfortably-tight size 30s to stretch to allow me full range of motion. I kind of swore off sizing down on denim after my Iron Army's, but I'm thinking that since they have so much elastene in them, they stretched out just enough to be wearable and then continually reformed to my body, whereas with non-stretch raw denim, it will keep stretching until it's conformed to my full range of motion.

I'm hoping that by eyeing some pictures you all may be able to provide some knowledge/advice.

size 30:

size30.jpg

size 32

size32.jpg

don't mind the different color back pockets on the size 32

(and I promise the Flat Head question from last page wasn't totally random)

I just got some House of Cassette jeans (not much mention of them around here - I'm alright with that). I'm in a sizing-pickle, however, and hoping to get some opinions. The problem is that Cassette doesn't make size 31 denim. The size 30 pair are snug in the waist and VERY snug in the thighs, but the 32s feel a bit baggy, and I can comfortably pull the waistband out about an inch while wearing them.

I also don't really know how much I should expect them to stretch. Up to now, all the raw denim I've had has had some stretch in it, so I don't know if I can expect the as-of-yet uncomfortably-tight size 30s to stretch to allow me full range of motion. I kind of swore off sizing down on denim after my Iron Army's, but I'm thinking that since they have so much elastene in them, they stretched out just enough to be wearable and then continually reformed to my body, whereas with non-stretch raw denim, it will keep stretching until it's conformed to my full range of motion.

I'm hoping that by eyeing some pictures you all may be able to provide some knowledge/advice.

size 30:

size30.jpg

size 32

size32.jpg

don't mind the different color back pockets on the size 32

(and I promise the Flat Head question from last page wasn't totally random)

i like the fit on the size 32's.

What size should I get if I dont want a TOO slim fit for the SexImp04s? I'm a size 28 in S5000Bks and 28 for 45rpm Sorahikos. Also does SE ship with a tracking #?

Get a size 28 for a slim fit or a size 29 for some breathing room.. Regardless if they're a tad tight they'll stretch quickly..

And yes, if you're domestic, it's with tracking.

How tight would they be if I get a 27? I'm talking about the fit, I can deal with tight waists.

Extremely tight, a size 27 in a very slim cut jean means you'll only be able to do it if you have skinny legs...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic