Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I have a question about hemming/soaking, not really specific to SE but I figure kiya or somebody in here would be the most knowledgable about it:

Does hemming after an initial soak on unsanforized denim produce different fades at the hem than hemming before the soak?

I would imagine that hemming before soaking would produce more pronounced roping since the denim at the hem would be restrained by the stitching while it shrinks...

Just asking because I am thinking about having a couple pairs of unsanforized denim hemmed, but I don't want to soak them yet if I'll get better results if I hem them first.

I always like to hem first THEN soak because i like to get the roping effect set in, as opposed to hemming then soaking after which would get rid of the biggest chunk of what's going to create that roping effect because that's when the denim will shrink the most (during the first soak).

Iron Heart Heavy Ombre Shirts & Road Beast Windbreakers

Two new items in multiple colors from our favorite outlaws in Tokyo...

Iron Heart brings us some intense flannels once again in great colors for spring. Their take on an ombre fabric is interesting and looks great with a hint of a western accent and a cut that's turned into one of the most popular shirts we sell at the store.

Available in navy, purple, and brown.

Iron Heart have taken the classic windbreaker and modified the cut along with a few other areas to produce the ultimate spring/summer windbreaker. Lightweight yet warm, very well made, and an inner pocket to store an iPhone, cigarettes, or retractable shank.

Also comes with a hem tapering rope to tighten the lower section.

Iron Heart have produced the ultimate windbreaker for us, available in gray, black, and brown.

These shirts and jackets will not be restocked once gone, they've only produced one run for this year.

Both these new items along with a full restock of the 301s/9301 slim jeans, the 634s, and Heavy Chambray Shirts are now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

img10553270223-712169.jpeg

C05-786884.jpg

C09-786866.jpg

C10-767042.jpg

C11-748201.jpg

C12-748181.jpg

01-734237.jpg

02-734219.jpg

07-775097.jpg

42-753345.jpg

Iron Heart Heavy Ombre Shirts & Road Beast Windbreakers

Two new items in multiple colors from our favorite outlaws in Tokyo...

Iron Heart brings us some intense flannels once again in great colors for spring. Their take on an ombre fabric is interesting and looks great with a hint of a western accent and a cut that's turned into one of the most popular shirts we sell at the store.

Available in navy, purple, and brown.

Iron Heart have taken the classic windbreaker and modified the cut along with a few other areas to produce the ultimate spring/summer windbreaker. Lightweight yet warm, very well made, and an inner pocket to store an iPhone, cigarettes, or retractable shank.

Also comes with a hem tapering rope to tighten the lower section.

Iron Heart have produced the ultimate windbreaker for us, available in gray, black, and brown.

These shirts and jackets will not be restocked once gone, they've only produced one run for this year.

Both these new items along with a full restock of the 301s/9301 slim jeans, the 634s, and Heavy Chambray Shirts are now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

img10553270223-712169.jpeg

C05-786884.jpg

C09-786866.jpg

C10-767042.jpg

C11-748201.jpg

C12-748181.jpg

01-734237.jpg

02-734219.jpg

07-775097.jpg

42-753345.jpg

Breathable windbreaker ? wouldn't that defeat its purpose :confused:

Its possible, lots of biking and athletics gear is like that - gore windstopper as an example. Just dont want to be drenched with perspiration inside there!

The windbreakers are super lightweight but warm, and they seem to breath quite well for a windbreaker, i've worn mine on sunny days and i'm not overheating at all.

The Self Edge Jewelry Collection.

Made by some of America's most talented Jewelers, every piece is made by hand and carved by hand, NOTHING is cast.

Available at Self Edge next week and ten stores in Japan starting May 25th.

Rings are about $150, bracelets are about $325, pendents (photos coming soon) are about $125 to $200. The quality of production on these is something that needs to be seen. I myself could not believe how these turned out, they look seriously amazing.

More photos of the rest of the collection are coming next week.

Rings..

securedownload-3.jpg

securedownload-2.jpg

securedownload-5.jpg

Bracelets..

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

securedownload-4.jpg

securedownload-7.jpg

securedownload-8.jpg

Kiya: Am I making this up, or did you say something about denim caps coming soon?

Three weeks..

IMG_1663.jpg

Cone Denim, Liberty of London lined, leather head stay.

According to the size chart, the hombre in an XL is the same as this:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=355

Are they pretty much cut the same? Just asking because I read that the winter flannel was cut slim and these weren't supposed to be as slim.

Anyway, can't decide between the brown or blue. I have the blue winter flannel and not much brown, but both are calling me.

Also, no chambrays in a L or XL or 9301 in 36?