Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Congrats. You should celebrate by rubbing one out in a big pile of all that money you made fleecing Mission residents. A.K.A. "working".

I can't stop laughing over a bunch of San Francisco hipsters who don't understand quality workwear.

I mean...they don't work. What do they care what people wear who do?

hey kiya,

Any info on when FH chambrays are gonna be restocked. Preferably the navy ss ones. thanks

You ready for this?

No more Flat Head chambray shirts, they've stopped producing them, what we've got is all there is left.

soaked my never on sunday shirt...it has dried and now feels like cardboard, will post picture of it standing in the corner later

+rep if you can pose it to look like all those sad, staring at the ground WAYWT pictures.

From Clay on MissionMission:

Clay Says:

March 11, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Thought I should pitch in on this one.

This is healthy discussion and some points are very uneducated and are formed as puberty mood-swings tiffs, but most comments are posing good questions and tactful rhetoric.

As one of the employees at Self Edge (a local), I live around the block, I drink coffee from everywhere because the Mission has delicious coffee everywhere, from 14th to 24th ST…I buy my groceries mostly from Mi Ranchita on Mission x Sycamore, or other small markets (even Bi-Rite because they have hard to find quality shit) and frequent pretty much every bar, restaurant, live venue shows, punk house shows, and fuck I even give people alcohol and food at my own place when throwing music/art shows out of my garage in Clarion Ally. I support my neighborhood, just as Kiya does.

Point being, to live in the mission means to be able to experience all of this. Self Edge proves that the Mission can still offer more. Let’s be honest, the Mission has been changing ever since Willy Brown came in to the SF office. Thus bringing in higher rent control and options for even larger companies such as Sketchers on Mission to set up shop. Self Edge finally gives this once punk, diy, and now clearly gentrified area something to look forward to. For example, who the fuck made it ok for a 5 story condo complex to go right next to our store??? Probably that asshole Newsome. Definitely not us holmes. We have nothing to do with the large scale building changes which are the real fucking problems with the Mission. In fact we are supporting so much that “was” the mission…by taking over a rundown business and giving a historical retail space a new and thriving face for the future. Fuck your self-righteous arguments and nay-saying on quality product. I dare any of you to visit the WORK SHOPS in Japan where our products are made, and then visit your beloved Levi’s sweatshops in god-knows-where Asia. Then try to tell us we are gentrifying and hurting the businesses in the Mission. It’s time to grow and keep this beautiful neighborhood alive. It’s time for people who were the punks to start making businesses that reflect their passions… and at last making it a possibility for the Mission to stay somewhat intact with conscious and kind businesses.

Thank you.

-----------

Plus fuckin' rep, dude.

Guest devil.beside.you

sidney you just killed me with that avatar

killed me.

@kiya: How is the rjb denim compared to sc okis in terms of texture? I just love the slubby rough hairy texture of my okis, and I've been looking for something that still has that characteristics, but maybe a bit more clean and finished...would RJB's fit that description?

@kiya: How is the rjb denim compared to sc okis in terms of texture? I just love the slubby rough hairy texture of my okis, and I've been looking for something that still has that characteristics, but maybe a bit more clean and finished...would RJB's fit that description?

Sounds like you'd like the denim on the RJB jeans, it's not crazy slubby like SC's 50/50 denim, but it's still got a lot of character and becomes hairy like Flat Head's denim after a soak and fades quite quickly too.

+rep for the daft punk helmet.

also. Kiya, since i know the SExIH cyclist jeans won't be restocked, do you recommend anything similar...

only 3 months and i've already had to repair the ass on my jeans. and a back pocket on an other 2 pairs.

fyi, i ride my bike about 40 miles a week just as a commute.

+rep for the daft punk helmet.

also. Kiya, since i know the SExIH cyclist jeans won't be restocked, do you recommend anything similar...

only 3 months and i've already had to repair the ass on my jeans. and a back pocket on an other 2 pairs.

fyi, i ride my bike about 40 miles a week just as a commute.

Either get the 634s or 301s from Iron Heart.

If you want true indestructible jeans get the 9634 or 9301, both also from Iron Heart.

Kiya, any idea on when you might have more FH leather bracelets?

April 1st.