superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

im just praying at the min i can get these industrial double hanging rails from the factory place over the road,as they will make the perfect"cheap" room divider and will make a huge/strong waredrobe im so over ikea one that clapse after you put like 10 things in them,il update as the place takes shape,im hoping to have it set up to use as a photostudio aswell,which will be very handy

• 3 weeks later...

img6985zs1.jpg

the colours are a little washed out but it's generally nice and calm anyways. a welcome change to my previous room.

img6986en0.jpg

don't be fooled by the shoewheel. its functionality needs to be much improved, even though it looks like a cool idea.

img6991vl9.jpg

the adjoining work area which was recently extended out of my bedroom. i love the little alcove. this extra bit of space made all the difference. without it i'd be unable to maintain the clean aesthetics in my sleeping area.

img6993eh3.jpg

i'd have preferred the shelf to be emptier... but it's extremely difficult to keep purchases/ collections from accumulating and demanding to be displayed

img6989ii6.jpg

brought out my old beloved lava lamp. so glad it still works after being neglected for almost 2 years.

img6995ng9.jpg

where i now spend hours and hours trolling superfuture.

img6997ps9.jpg

i don't skate, but i'm fond of neckface. the boards were a really affordable way of owning some form of his art. i wanted the neckface vans too but they didn't have it in my size...

the kitchen's been renovated too. will post when there's daylight. these are the only spaces in my (mother's) house i can lay claim to because i decided the layout/ design/ furnishing. although the renovation costs were kindly sponsored by mum (thank you!) save for the decorative elements in my room.

img6997ps9.jpg

i don't skate, but i'm fond of neckface. the boards were a really affordable way of owning some form of his art. i wanted the neckface vans too but they didn't have it in my size...

Quite a surprise there Soepom, you going to go for the full series? How did you hang them, fishing wire, can't see anything in the bolt holes? Looks good

Quite a surprise there Soepom, you going to go for the full series? How did you hang them, fishing wire, can't see anything in the bolt holes? Looks good

no the full series is far too big for my wallspace. and was also sold out when i was at the store - these two were my favourite from what was left in stock.

and yes, used very fine but strong transparent fishing wires for mounting. almost invisible unless upon close inspection. :)

Another round of Small Cool started on Apartmenttherapy - I like well designed/thought-out living quarters but for several factors 1)not balling 2) renting 3)nyc 4)old ass apt 5)no time - i can't bring myself to put in a serious effort to make my apt nice. the contest does make me envious though.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/contests/2008/small-cool/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

your living room kitchen layout is almost exactly like mine. I was thinking of buying an L shaped sectional, but yoru way looks real nice with the space. I don't want to cut off my spacing. Ah, so much to do. Anyone shoping for tvs I heard that flat scren LCDs are taking MAJOR price cuts ($400,500) during the end of the month, in general not in conjunction with Memorial day sales.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itzo sherpa

In a couple months I'll be moving into a college dorm. Needless to say, I'm absolutely freaking out about how to arrange my room and how to decorate it nicely so it doesn't feel like a gross prison cell.

Any ideas?! I like the minimalisitc feel and I'm really really organized, so I'll have to hide things in cabinets and stuff. hahaha oh college

Guest itzo sherpa

I really like the idea of an open "closet" with everything out. Doesn't it get really messy sometimes? I wonder if that would work for a college dorm..

quote=chris;919903]thought i'd post a pic while it's still new and clean:

2u89nxk.jpg

the closet could only contain my pants. =(

What is there hanging on the wall? love the boots.

I really like the idea of an open "closet" with everything out. Doesn't it get really messy sometimes? I wonder if that would work for a college dorm..

quote=chris;919903]thought i'd post a pic while it's still new and clean:

2u89nxk.jpg

the closet could only contain my pants. =(