superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

here's my kitchen from before i moved, it's the only thing i have a pic of.

1235416694_755cf6a9c7.jpg

i'm pretty into design and especially old school 'mid century' modern, like every other idiot out there today. i scour a lot of thrift stores and have some pretty choice pieces, nothing too valuable but some really rad stuff.

I just recently re-decorated my bedroom and started to become interested in modern design and furniture. I'm looking for ideas of what else to do. Here are a few pics of what I've done to my bedroom so far. Feel free to share some suggestions and let me know what you think.

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

I like the simplistic look but can I see your closet?

Ahhh.. you got me. My closet sucks. I have to put everything on hangers!

http://fellspointcycling.com/temp/closet1.jpg

http://fellspointcycling.com/temp/closet2.jpg

http://fellspointcycling.com/temp/closet3.jpg

The "office"

http://fellspointcycling.com/temp/office.jpg

The room during the day

http://fellspointcycling.com/temp/room.jpg

• 1 month later...
pushing this thread up to the top, I'm redesigning my room, sick of it looking like my old college dorm. Furniture's been the same since 1992 i think. Time for new shit. Looking for ideas.

go buy some architecture/design magazines like wallpaper, they would be great for inspiration

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After about a week of zenning out my place, here is the progress so far. There's still a handful of things I want to do on my list, but it's taking a while. Plus, I think change should happen organically, not all at once. That makes it feel artificial. For the most part, I just uncluttered everything and organized.

Here's the progress so far, with some before and after pics. Sorry for the random pic quality, I suck at color correction. Also there's an overload of fashion related content.

Before

beforemain.jpg

Main. Books, dress form, pillows, boxes, mail..etc everywhere. Foreman family grill baby!

beforecouch.jpg

Couch and coffee table covered in books, clothes, cameras, scratching post, magazines..

aptbefore.jpg

Work table. Books, magazines, office stuff, hot sauce, empty coke zero bottles, napkins...

shelfbefore.jpg

Shelf. Stacks and stacks of books unorganized, papers, muji clear boxes filled with junk.

beforetop.jpg

Loft area. Paintings, frames, boxes of old clothes and junk, kitty in a box

closetbefore.jpg

a very messy closet. That mass of black on the right side are clothes piled up that should be hanging.

Zen it up

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

huge leather piece my friend Saba got me from when she interned at Levis. I'm going to be sewing new pillow covers soon for some color.

12.jpg

My cats love sleeping on it.

4.jpg

You know you love my pink cat head litter box.

5.jpg

Tidier.

shelfafter.jpg

Better shot of the new clean stacking of the books. I still want to add little things to make it feel more homey. Trinkets, flowers..etc

6.jpg

Endless amounts of fashion and design related material

7.jpg

Paintings and frames.

00200m.jpg

00340m.jpg

The painting is based on a print by YSL for their Spring 08 collection. Mine is still in progress.

9.jpg

10.jpg

I actually framed pulls from magazines. They say "All Lanvin" "All Louis Vuitton" "Prada/Commes des Garcon/Lanvin" Mad fashion whoring

8.jpg

Another magazine pull I framed for the kitchen. Really cute girls eating cake/cupcakes.

closetafter1.jpg

closetafter2.jpg

closetafter4.jpg

Look at all those empty hangers. I ended up donating almost half my wardrobe to unclutter.

closetafter3.jpg

On top of the shelf, colonge, shoe polish, jewelery.

closetafter5.jpg

11.jpg

I moved my Muji drawers up on the loft and topped them with wood planks that I'm going to paint white. I still have to organize this area. I plan to put more photos, some plants. etc. My bedding area to the right is bare, I just got rid of my old sheets so I'm not going to show it yet.

more soon

damn muoko... where in NYC does one find a space that big?

It's not as big as it seems, the ceilings make it seem larger than it is. My space is a little under 560sq ft. You can def find places like this in Brooklyn for a good price, but you'll be out in brooklyn (flame all you want..I'm a manhattanite). I caught a break with my space, i'm downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

72390015mc9.png

Dads photos. need to be straightned.

72390013dk2.png

Kinda don't know what to put up on this wall. I was thinking something like a rail to hang denims along, will also help mute sound from traveling though the paper thin walls. I think poly or chicken had a setup like that and it looked good. Also need some window treatments, these blinds aren't cuttin it.

*1.5" gap from top of crown molding to ceiling for embedded rope lights (red) for ambient lighting.