superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

how do people afford shit

Probably has to do with a lot less tee, denim , shirts buying and realizing that all new fashion is not a necessity. Not a stab at you I don't know your buying habits, but as soon as you fall back a little from clothes you find a lot more money freed up.

The standard of living in Toronto (in terms of housing) is fucking ridiculous. When I was there last year, colleagues of mine that were making significantly less money had fucking brand new 20th floor 2 bedrooms, granite countertops and shit in the center of town for the same price you would pay here for a studio in a mediocre area. But then, it snows there half the year, and hey, it is Canada after all.

snafu i like the layout of your apparel. if that's your entire collection, you're a lot like me, in terms of buying clothes mostly in swatches of grey black and white. i was wondering why you stick to those color swatches. in my case, someone pointed out that i subconsciously am drawn to those tones because i'm color blind.

I have zero outgoing expenses, pretty much everything in my life is paid for, i make more than most people my age with absolutely zero date, and i still can't come close to spending the amount you do on clothes =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by seenmy

im so over ikea one that clapse after you put like 10 things in them

Quote:

Originally Posted by seenmy

all ikea for the min.

:icon_lol:

lol i did super upgrade the hanging syst though from cheapo ikea one i had in previous places.

thank you. btw average rent in Atlanta for 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom is about $800 ;)
^ ????

Jesus christ, I hate NYC rent prices.

word. 800 will get you a 400 square foot studio. one bathroom in some mediocre part of town. 1200 will get you a 400 sq foot studio on the upper east side.

with new housing developments in the new buildings in gentrified harlem, they're required by the city gov to make it so that at least 25% of tenants are low income earners. if you qualify (fall within the minimum/maximum income range and family size) you can have an entire 2 bedroom/2 bath for 800/month as opposed to 1500-1800/month. These are really nice, completely new apartments, averaging 1000 sq ft btw.

but if most of us have the money to buy expensive clothes, we almost certainly fall out of that income range.

• 3 months later...