superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

Miller, Vitra, Knoll, et al.

Check out the Feb issue of Dwell, it's the PreFab issue and has a lot of great homes with good outlines and contact information about the interiors.

picked that issue up last week. not prefab, but the oita house really caught my eye. here are more pictures...kinda a house within a house.

house_n_2.jpg

interior shots

house_n_3.jpg

house_n_4.jpg

imagine those trees full grown.

House%20N%20project.png

wow wow wow, that's fucking awesome.

so, the designers initial concept was for the trees to grow into the "windows"? if not, is the last photo on your post a sketch of your own?

because if that was the initial concept i don't understand why they didn't just transfer bigger trees into the garden so that they wouldn't take so long to grow.

wow wow wow, that's fucking awesome.

so, the designers initial concept was for the trees to grow into the "windows"? if not, is the last photo on your post a sketch of your own?

because if that was the initial concept i don't understand why they didn't just transfer bigger trees into the garden so that they wouldn't take so long to grow.

the last photo was taken from the sou-fujimoto website, the architects who came up with the design. im guessing its more of a conceptual sketch because when i look closer at the actual photos, it appears that there is glass mounted into the openings so it would not make it possible for foliage to grow through. it kinda had me confused too lol.

• 2 weeks later...
picked that issue up last week. not prefab, but the oita house really caught my eye. here are more pictures...kinda a house within a house.

house_n_2.jpg

interior shots

house_n_3.jpg

house_n_4.jpg

House%20N%20project.png

wish i lived there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the last photo was taken from the sou-fujimoto website, the architects who came up with the design. im guessing its more of a conceptual sketch because when i look closer at the actual photos, it appears that there is glass mounted into the openings so it would not make it possible for foliage to grow through. it kinda had me confused too lol.

If you look closely the glass is for the interior windows. There is no glass in the holes where the trees is suppose to grow out from. So basically there is a house with a 'shell' exterior, and the tree grows outside the house, through the 'shell'

interior shots

house_n_3.jpg

house_n_4.jpg

House%20N%20project.png

• 3 weeks later...

So I can ship/receive jawns more quickly. Obviously.

Not sure how much of the dubious-ness is serious. It's a shit load of footage for a decent price, (not quite 30 bucks, but not awful for Downtown LA) construction is solid, (dead silent, there are a few recording studios in the bldg) I can do whatever the fuck I want with the space, and I have my own private alley replete with friendly neighborhood bums/fiends. I couldn't ask for anything more. Except maybe a pool. I miss having a pool.