superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

voss water, man. niiiiice.

sorry dude but your posts scream douhe.

D, honestly I like the way it is, the circus colours wouldn't do the place justice. the red might work nicely with the black furniture, but using multiple bright colours next to each other can easily go wrong.

sorry dude but your posts scream douhe.

D, honestly I like the way it is, the circus colours wouldn't do the place justice. the red might work nicely with the black furniture, but using multiple bright colours next to each other can easily go wrong.

it's cool man I was just joking around. Don't sweat it.

haha thanks for the input. yeah i originally was going to do just the red - but the whole wall red would be a bit overpowering, i don't know if it would be enjoyable since the tv is against the wall. definitely not doing the thing i posted haha. probably just red and a darker gray.

edit just found this actually..

http://www.dwell.com/color-palettes/dwell-color-palette-one.html

red and light blue or red and the dark gray wouldn't be too bad.

haha thanks for the input. yeah i originally was going to do just the red - but the whole wall red would be a bit overpowering, i don't know if it would be enjoyable since the tv is against the wall. definitely not doing the thing i posted haha. probably just red and a darker gray.

edit just found this actually..

http://www.dwell.com/color-palettes/dwell-color-palette-one.html

red and light blue or red and the dark gray wouldn't be too bad.

red definitely works because it's a warm color, for the main wall. I wouldn't go with the dark gray - an off white for the surrounding walls provides a lot of contrast which brings the focus back on your entertainment center(which is good). The off white color is warm without being distracting as long as it's a sort of orange hued color.

Since your furniture is black with steel highlights really any color will work . It looks like you are going for modern/minimalist, and it already looks really good. Good luck man.

speaking of the arco lamp.

iqh4dw.jpg

i'm planning on painting soon, might do something corbusier polychromie style, but i'm not sure. i was bored and did this for shits and giggles. probably stick with two colors... any suggestions would be great. the art is some temporary shit, getting stuff framed when i have monies.

2vtnl2s.jpg

i want to to add color and some warmth, since the furniture is pretty modern and a bit on the lawyers/office building side of things. i probably have too much furniture anyway, been buying and selling pieces lately. it's a bad addiction .

Hmm, this is too"mid-century design classics" I'd get rid on some of the pieces and get either contemporary or at least more obscure ones. Like keep the lamp and Le corbusier but get rid of the others. Oh and walls should remain white (true 99,99% of the time), if you want some colour put art on them.

You have a fireplace, niiice!

yeah, i totally agree fuuma. i ended up with a lot of these pieces because i got them for mad cheap off of craigslist. i make money reselling them so it's all good. detroit's market has slowed down and i can't find anything good anymore. everyone just has classic shit and that stuff is already hard to find.

xcoldricex

If you're not renting rip out the carpeting and expose the wood flooring, get them sanded and stained white or natural wood color if there is wood underneath. If the floors are bare, put in bamboo flooring or ceramic tiling. I've seen some good ceramic tiling that mimics stone and metal like this:

BeltraLineaOBas-web.jpg

DT_ME03_12x12_IllTit.jpg

hahaha. do people still buy them? if i could get some nice cash for them i def would - they're the original ones from zakkacorp. ebay?

to be honest i know nothing about bearbricks, i just think they are ridiculous but i am sure there are still some silly people out there buying that stuff. Maybe some hypebeast dude who still didn't hop in the americana bandwagon is your target demographic lol.

knowing you from the forum i was expecting them to be of high value and rare hence the reason i suggested selling :) .

xcoldricex

If you're not renting rip out the carpeting and expose the wood flooring, get them sanded and stained white or natural wood color if there is wood underneath. If the floors are bare, put in bamboo flooring or ceramic tiling. I've seen some good ceramic tiling that mimics stone and metal like this:

BeltraLineaOBas-web.jpg

DT_ME03_12x12_IllTit.jpg

those look amazing. but i don't have that kind of money unfortunately. i'm still a student!

i don't know what the rest of your furniture is like, but i really like the jumo lamp fuuma.

hahaha. do people still buy them? if i could get some nice cash for them i def would - they're the original ones from zakkacorp. ebay?

You know what, I actually like 'em in your environment; it ads playfullness and the hypebeasts echoes are absent because you don't have skateboards on the walls or stuff like that. I say keep them.

As for furniture a good "classic base" w. some modern designs will really give the room some *omf* so yeah, you're on the way and aware so it's all good.

Fortebraccio is a nice choice. I always liked the "come here!" handle :)

Problem is this started with wanting a new desk and I was looking at the Comacina (by Bottoni for Zanotta) in white but opted against it (afraid of classics overdose). Might go with the more practical for a guy w. laptops and stuff Enchord (Eames), less visual impact by itself but less common and more adaptable. A friend suggested a Quaderna desk (also by Zanotta) which would be my first choice if I didn't have to integrate it to my environment as its an "object" and works by itself but not in my workspace :( and I've been fucking loving that desk for ages too, sucks.

If anyone has a no-nonsense desk (white) to suggest, let me know. I need to settle on the desk before buying the lamp.

• 2 weeks later...

8828_812394832188_10708005_46143027_6559785_n.jpg

12833_842344373068_10708005_47242516_8233042_n.jpg

23671_874055528658_10708005_48347591_337018_n.jpg

23671_874056451808_10708005_48347634_4442871_n.jpg

12325_881545279138_10708005_48578255_4668279_n.jpg

12325_881546935818_10708005_48578276_5681630_n.jpg

12325_881547155378_10708005_48578277_3127596_n.jpg

23671_874053517688_10708005_48347560_3741563_n.jpg

12325_881546067558_10708005_48578272_3075828_n.jpg

still needs the welds grinded and metal degreased then painted before the cables are run through then installed :)

i designed this and made it from scratch. first time i've ever done something like this.

how about this for a desk fuuma?

2897332978_1d531afe8f.jpg

cavour by carlo mollino - i think it's like $8k or something though. :(

Too huge and wood. It's a nice one though. I already found my desk, will get to ordering it soon.

thanks dudes. you think i should paint it black or just clear coat it? its not stainless steel, just mild steel, even though its indoors i'm a little concerned with rust. an overengineering concept. i kinda also want to trim the top with a nice rose wood veneered ply wood. thoughts?