superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

• 4 weeks later...

3461424006_f253eee9f3_o.jpg

courtyard of my family California house.

3460610115_7489c85917_o.jpg

Sitting area in the courtyard.

3461424322_94355e1ec6_o.jpg

part of the backyard.

3461424354_107aa99668_o.jpg

sunset over newport coast, shot from the backyard.

I don't really have pictures of my MD house, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, I'll post up one of parts of my MD house.

3657297378_95d6016767_b.jpg

this is my kitchen, before I rearranged stuff. My photo studio is on the other side of the 2nd floor now. All the way in the back is the corbusier lounger.

• 1 month later...

Desk lamp idea, my old one died. I'm already considering a few things vintage Jumo by Gray or Luceplan Fortebraccio in all white. In other words I'll either go vintage or modern.

Note: It doesn't have to be obscure but I don't want something everyone owns because I might also have to get a floor lamp and look for a vintage Jielde so two "classic designs" lamps would be too basic/catalogue steez.

Gee, thanks! Anyone who is actually interested in the topic?

I actually have a desk lamp from FLOS, designed by Achille Castiglioni. It's very minimal and the bulb has a coated area to throw softer light if you turn it a particular direction.

tablelamp-lampadina-4.jpg

I actually have a desk lamp from FLOS, designed by Achille Castiglioni. It's very minimal and the bulb has a coated area to throw softer light if you turn it a particular direction.

tablelamp-lampadina-4.jpg

looks like something straight out of Make or Ready Made, that anyone with a hot glue gun and 10 minutes can do.

looks like something straight out of Make or Ready Made, that anyone with a hot glue gun and 10 minutes can do.

it's actually really beautiful. The bulb is kind of huge, and the glass is really gorgeous. The base is designed so you wrap the excess cord around like a loop of film, and it just looks really elegant if you are going for a modern/minimalist look.

Otherwise I would say the leaf LED lamp is still pretty amazing, but I definitely feel like it is way too expensive for what it is. This lamp is only 200 or so? Not like the ARCO, which is like 4 grand.

it's actually really beautiful. The bulb is kind of huge, and the glass is really gorgeous. The base is designed so you wrap the excess cord around like a loop of film, and it just looks really elegant if you are going for a modern/minimalist look.

Otherwise I would say the leaf LED lamp is still pretty amazing, but I definitely feel like it is way too expensive for what it is. This lamp is only 200 or so? Not like the ARCO, which is like 4 grand.

I looked it up, its actually like 120, not so bad, but I feel like I'm buying a razor here, where the bulbs(like razor blades) are where they make the money

I looked it up, its actually like 120, not so bad, but I feel like I'm buying a razor here, where the bulbs(like razor blades) are where they make the money

haha yeah, it's sort of like that I guess. My bulb hasn't burnt out in two years, but I believe you can get new ones from FLOS directly as spares. Not sure, haven't really looked in a while.

where the creation takes place

schtoodeeo.jpg

voss water, man. niiiiice.

haha yeah, it's sort of like that I guess. My bulb hasn't burnt out in two years, but I believe you can get new ones from FLOS directly as spares. Not sure, haven't really looked in a while.

Lampadina - frosted bulb on one side ($116)

Question: what happens when the bulb goes out?

Answer: YLighting carries the bulbs for $24 each but they are not on their website. Send an email to [email protected]

24 for a bulb, yup razorlike

Lampadina - frosted bulb on one side ($116)

Question: what happens when the bulb goes out?

Answer: YLighting carries the bulbs for $24 each but they are not on their website. Send an email to [email protected]

24 for a bulb, yup razorlike

word man. You got me all worried about my bulb burning out and I was just thinking I didn't know where to get spares.

Achille Castiglioni designed the ARCO floor lamp as well as a bunch of other amazing lighting pieces. You don't have to buy his originals(which are mad expensive) but it's always nice to have pieces that influenced design for years.

If you are interested in his work I know he died a year or two ago, and thus there's some interesting reterospectives on his stuff online.

speaking of the arco lamp.

iqh4dw.jpg

i'm planning on painting soon, might do something corbusier polychromie style, but i'm not sure. i was bored and did this for shits and giggles. probably stick with two colors... any suggestions would be great. the art is some temporary shit, getting stuff framed when i have monies.

2vtnl2s.jpg

i want to to add color and some warmth, since the furniture is pretty modern and a bit on the lawyers/office building side of things. i probably have too much furniture anyway, been buying and selling pieces lately. it's a bad addiction .

speaking of the arco lamp.

iqh4dw.jpg

i'm planning on painting soon, might do something corbusier polychromie style, but i'm not sure. i was bored and did this for shits and giggles. probably stick with two colors... any suggestions would be great. the art is some temporary shit, getting stuff framed when i have monies.

2vtnl2s.jpg

i want to to add color and some warmth, since the furniture is pretty modern and a bit on the lawyers/office building side of things. i probably have too much furniture anyway, been buying and selling pieces lately. it's a bad addiction .

Nice. I see you went with the le corbusier steel framed sofas. I have the lounger myself.

Your place is fly as shit!