superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Gastown in Vancouver. The building I'm in is a warehouse conversion that's originally a hundred years old.

Gastown's an interesting place to live though. IE, Stussy and Goodfoot are all less than a block away from me, plus it's always entertaining to have the meth'd up crazies yelling as they drag their shopping carts down the street at 4 in the morning.

is that the shower shown in the bottom left picture? love the layout.

Heh, I'm now paying for my extravagant renovations. Unfortunately, I didn't make the shower/toilet one single "wet" room, though in retrospect that would have been an excellent idea. Yeah, the first few months, I went through a bunch of renovator's remorse.

Glass for the shower will come in time, as will a little platform leading up to the shower. I plan to cover up the exposed pine at the bed platform with some really nice Brazilian Black Walnut I picked up ridiculously cheap, and do little touches like floorboards and painting the exposed pipes.

Got curtains and some nice hardware to hold them up just a week ago, and putting the rest of the stuff together. Baby steps.

Eventually, when I'm done, a 50" LCD could be had for cheap, then that goes on the wall.

And before that, I want a Hancock & Moore sofa :)

Santa Monica

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

haha, i have the same bed. What color/make are those sheets. Im getting really sick at looking at my red and blue bed sheets while the rest of the room is furnished with everything in wood color and white walls, except the carpet is blue (huge mistake when i chose the color as i didn't plan ahead about how i wanted the room to look) :(

haha, i have the same bed. What color/make are those sheets. Im getting really sick at looking at my red and blue bed sheets while the rest of the room is furnished with everything in wood color and white walls, except the carpet is blue (huge mistake when i chose the color as i didn't plan ahead about how i wanted the room to look) :(

what bed is it?

^ someone school me on repros..

is herman miller 2legit (good)? or is it frowned upon..

depends. herman miller contracts different designers. the ray and charles eames pieces that where done years ago are some of the most iconic pieces of furniture design.

ive seen some higher quality repros, but even those still come at a price. i personally wouldn't feel comfortable paying such prices for a fake.

Miller, Vitra, Knoll, et al.

Don't go with other production, usually it is copies or not officially licensed. Keep in mind all the designer of the furniture does/did was come up with the original prototype, sometimes not even that. It is contracted by a manufacturer to actually produce the piece.

Check out the Feb issue of Dwell, it's the PreFab issue and has a lot of great homes with good outlines and contact information about the interiors.