Denime

The 10 year anniversary 1952 model was in a vacuum pack - think this is an example

http://pants-shop-av...EWXX1952-SN196/

They also did a 1937 cinchback.

I only saw the UK imports circa 1999 and they were retailing at £350 then!

Thanks for the info man...that mean those are real then. 100000 yen is about 1k usd..shit this are awesome

tsunamiboy@ dope fade..red tab are history so sad.

Edited by spidereye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, congrats to this really impressing collection Tillmann.

You're lucky that you're still so young and you can put many many yaers of heavy wear in to them

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,this is my first post in sufu..just got a pair of deadstock basic denime orizzonti era.but, i've no clue about the weight & the cut of this pair.my friend selling this to me for a price that i cant refuse.he claim he get this pair from japan yahoo auction and he also got no idea of what he's selling.i'm guessing this is 47 cut,but my thought might be wrong.maybe you guys denim expert can help me on this?

1-3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

That looks like a paper patch on those Denime. I can't tell whether there are hidden rivets, but if not I think they are a pair of 66s, the slimness of the legs would appear to suggest this too, as does the non-offset back belt loop. Not sure if they would be 66XX type or just 66.

Having said all that, I may be completely wrong anyway!

• 1 month later...

I got this on my mind,might score this vintage cut,the issue is this pair are red selvedge line,as far as i know denime selvedge is yellow like golden collour.since my knowledge is poor .So need help from denime experts here.Thanks for links@ lfc4ever

the xx denim is of course the classic denim from Denime...but you can't go wrong with the normal 66 or 1966. especially if you start your raw denim journey! :)

denime is a nice start! if inseam is still bothering, the xx tpye is longer than the 66xx. if you go with the "premium" line.

Don't listen to b_F. The guy is a total nutcase when it comes to Denime...

;)

Seriously though, not enough love for this brand. I've got the New66 (posted several pages back) and am quite pleased with them. I think i sized down 2 (!) at Jay's suggestion, but I probably should have sized down 1. The fit is good, but snug. I am confident I can make them work-- I just haven't gotten much wear in with the AW contest. Denime is a solid buy.

exactly! take a pair of 66 :D

but I wouldn't take the "new 66" as they run very large in the waist (from what I've seen and read) so would have to size down but will also get a very slim fit through the legs. the stadard 66 or 66xx is the better option. and you are right, you have to start somewhere :)

real mccoys took over in 2010 if I rememeber correctly, shortly after we started the denime contest with denime xx/66xx from the shins. then things slowed down for denime and since 2011 and especially 2012 they are back on full speed.

afaik the digits also stand for raw/washed.

To your question about Shins. I can’t really say how long Shins was the owner of Denime. I guess coleslawyum could answer this. Before Shins were the owner, Denime was run by Orizzonti but Hayashi was manager/designer/whatever under both ownerships.

I thought a bit about what you might need. From the Boots thread I’m pretty sure you’ll be happy with Denime, Fullcount, Warehouse or Studio d’Artisan. Also Eternal or Momotaro could work.

I would leave out Samurai, Strike Gold, Pure Blue Japan or Ironheart. Those are all to gimmickly.

From the Osaka5 (SDA, Denime, Evisu, Fullcount and Warehouse), Denime and Fullcount would give you the models with the longest inseam. As you also look for a decent rise (at least 11â€) I would leave out the Denime 66xx. I find the rise rather low. You will find measurements for the 66xx and xx taken by me in this thread. Just have to look several pages back.

I recently got the FC 1108XX and I’m very pleased with it. Inseam is around 35-35,5†now after one soak, the rise is highish and the fit through the legs and top block is slim. But the back pockets are rather far apart, letting your ass look bigger than it actually is.