Denime

Xpost from dwc thread.

These 66 really start to look good! It's ironic, but the better these get, the more I am looking for a heavy weight pair, just for the feel of it, cause these 13.5 oz are starting to feel pretty thin...

r8uc33qk.jpg

h4v3w39o.jpg

Very nice Constantin! And an awesome spot for pictures you got there (in store?).

I am finally able to wear my "new" old Denime 66XX from the Shins-era again :) And again I am thinking about switching my DWC-pair

yeah, you're right about the spot.

• 3 weeks later...

and they slimmed down further!!!

the more water they see the more they start to become the 60's cut.... waist is fine, thighs too, but the taper gets more and more prominent.

pretty happy that i stayed with size 29, with a 28 the hem would be way below 8'' and i don't like that, no!

Why, PSA or Denimio, of course.

Or Rakuten.

Unless you're referring to Orizzonti/Shin. But don't fall for the fear mongering. Practically everyone who's posted their concerns over the change hasn't actually faced up to their concern.

In fact there's probably only four of us here who wear new Denime. 

I owned the Denime XX and still own a pair of Denime 66XX and their 25th Anniversary pair from the current owner (or not current anymore?!).

While the construction is great and from what I can tell far better than the older Denimes...they lack some kind of soul (to me). I know this is completely subjective and everyone feels different about it. But old Denimes have a special place in my heart

I didn't really wear the XX pair before I sold it. I gave the 66XX a lot more wear but I don't really like the new cut they used for this model. I never understood why they changed the cut for the 66XX model and that the standard 66 has a different cut.

Faded pics of the new XX-denim haven't really convinced me but I really do like the fades from the standard denim Hoggreaser and Blue Nemo wore.

Also the rough and slubby denim from the 25th Anniversary pair is totally not-Denime if you ask me. And the cut is way to tapered for the old Denime spirit. But I do like them as jeans :D

I'm really surprised no-one seems to have picked up lyramans 10th anniv 37s in size 34 (or perhaps they did!). I bought his natural indigo pair from Levi's Japan (1991 model) and am really pleased with them. He's a very good, reputable seller too.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231643417936

Your Denimes look wonderful Hoggy, really impressive.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

My 66's. Poor light, colour turned out more blue than they actually are now - they're certainly more washed out than this. But hey.

20284479983_5835c2ee77_z.jpg

hogs jeans here are the reason sufu exists.

INSTANT grail status up there with lildavid's WH660's and nemoulette's Ooe's

Edited by aho