WAYWT 2019 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Those SC Hawaii are narrower than I expected.

Much more so than the Okinawa.

Angle is making them look a bit narrower than they really are. They are loose all over, but follow the leg nicely. 

1 hour ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Angle is making them look a bit narrower than they really are. They are loose all over, but follow the leg nicely. 

Thanks for info.

My Okinawas flare out at the hip.

The Hawaii may be loose but do you have flare? Or rather, the pants.

@SpiraltoyTaobao yuks are the future hahaha!

I'm torn between trying a real pair now or just buy another dozen of those fake yuks. Comfiest shoe on earth, and I almost haven't worn anything else since I got them. I'll get you a link otherwise a yuk***n search on taobao will sort you out fine, they're the ones sold for 499 yuan.

Edited by volvo240thebest

31 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

Are the shoes the Taobao ones that @volvo240thebest has as well? They’re lovely. Would you mind sending a link to the store? How’s the sizing?

cheers!

One in the same! As Volvo says, they are the future. Sizing is pretty messed up though.  It took some work to pin down the correct size for me. I normally wear 43 in vans and got a 42 in these and I have wider feet. If you have thin feet a 41 may work. 

16 minutes ago, VivaMarlon said:

Those 50s look great! I think you mentioned in an early post that they weren't the slim version, did you size down at all?

Thanks! Yes they are the regular 50s. My true waist is closer to 30", but these are size 29. The top block is fitted, but not too tight. I could have gone with a 30 for a looser fit.

1 hour ago, istewi said:

Thanks! Yes they are the regular 50s. My true waist is closer to 30", but these are size 29. The top block is fitted, but not too tight. I could have gone with a 30 for a looser fit.

Nice, we're the same size.  I wear 30 in just about every pair I own except for my FC 1108 which are 29, many SuFu members said they stretch a lot so I sized down. Great recommendation too, they've stretch beyond some size 30 pairs I own. 

Is Zimbabwe cotton prone to stretching? I know TCB 50s are also made from Zimbabwe cotton.

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

@SpiraltoyTaobao yuks are the future hahaha!

I'm torn between trying a real pair now or just buy another dozen of those fake yuks. Comfiest shoe on earth, and I almost haven't worn anything else since I got them. I'll get you a link otherwise a yuk***n search on taobao will sort you out fine, they're the ones sold for 499 yuan.

1 hour ago, istewi said:

One in the same! As Volvo says, they are the future. Sizing is pretty messed up though.  It took some work to pin down the correct size for me. I normally wear 43 in vans and got a 42 in these and I have wider feet. If you have thin feet a 41 may work. 

Cheers both! I’ve got a pair of yuketen blutchers and absolutely love those but want a “similar” pair with thicker soles.

3 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Sure it's my own fade! On and off perhaps 2,5 years of wear, and one denim contest won with those jeans as well haha

Can you provide more details of that brand of denim? And also your wash routine? 

They are quite excellent.

I like the fleece jacket, the multi-color elastic at the cuffs is subdued yet catches the eye.

Looks like a very beautiful location.

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Can you provide more details of that brand of denim? And also your wash routine? 

They are quite excellent.

I like the fleece jacket, the multi-color elastic at the cuffs is subdued yet catches the eye.

Looks like a very beautiful location.

Those are TCB 50s, you can find plenty infos in the tcb thread and in the tcb 50s contest thread as well. They're amazing jeans.