the-intern

INTERN ■ Technical Apparel Research & Projects Administration

22 hours ago, danii said:

start by not saying "serger". it's overlocker;)

Fair enough. I thought the difference was that sergers cut while they sew.

serger is supposed to be a brand name creating overlocking machines.

Just shipped off my next series of products to Massdrop this morning! The second drop will be coming out in just a couple weeks time

Still got to make a set for proper photographs and such... only just finished these designs around 2am last night! :)

For now, a quick teaser video.

A Dedicated Slingpack for my bandolier system

2x Phone Cases in small and large sizes

A Tablet Case

A Small Laptop / Large Tablet Folio

and a Large Laptop Folio

This second series is still made a no-waste manufacturing approach, albeit using some new construction methods.

As well, everything is compatible with the Bandolier, Carry Packits, and Centerzip Pockets from the first drop.

Also happy to announce that the Pockets and Packits will be available very soon on Massdrop.com as regularly stocked items, for those of you who missed out on the first drop.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support and making this happen! Super happy to be bringing cool shit to the community at approachable prices!

Be well. Stay tuned.

-end

Happy to say that Intern Series 2 dropped yesterday! Just the laptop sleeves for now, the phone cases and slingpacks will drop as well very soon!

Available on Massdrop.com

Inspired by  @danii amazeballs illustration works and a NASA badge concept I stumbled across on Pinterest...

Also, Danii... come to Vancouver and lets go crush out an epic mural here in the city!

ig_r01_19_08.2018_stamp.thumb.jpg.076bbf704f77936f93a5818627d02d2b.jpg

joined the drop for the laptop bag. keep it up bro!

Looks exactly like something I’ve had my eye out for, nice one ;)

Small criticism (which may be due to my own oversight): I’m finding it hard to determine the intended use of the carry packet, and which packet would be best for me. It may be helpful to picture the packet mounted on the bag. My indecision regarding which carry packet to grab is the only reason I haven’t joined the drop quite yet.

Cheers man, looks to be a good one. At an impressive price, too!

I've been cookin up a bunch of new opportunities this past month, the one that has me most excited is a partnership with a local R&D facility here in Vancity.

Syte Industies was in need of some assistance setting up a new showroom/product demo area for their Framis Italia bonding and taping machines, so I'll be helping them with the demos in exchange for access to nearly the entire Framis catalogue of welding machines! Next couple weeks I'll be sharing my early experiments.

Also super stoked to announce that I've added a couple new members to my team!!! I've stolen Lulu lemons engineered and 3d knit design developer and together we're working alongside one of design directors for Veilance/ArcTeryx on some kick-ass new technical outerwear experiments... The Intern Techwear Group is starting to form together! :)