Finally got this back from the jewelers for a new second hand. My first good watch… an impulse $100 Facebook marketplace buy. Pretty sure its 1960s zodiac.

12FBD4E4-BDA4-4014-A385-F20544FBFF0E.jpeg

Great wife! Can you just get those from the AD without having a "buying history" now?

Pretty sure it’s not the current mark. 
still very cool 

Edit. No you can’t walk in and buy one. Still waiting list items

Edited by UkeNo

Oh the older style bracelet gives it away huh?

I know you can't walk in and buy one. Just wondering if ADs will let you buy one in 3-12 months if you have never bought anything from them before.

^Depends on the AD and your luck! I've heard of instances of it happening, so stranger things have happened.

Small handwound GS, with the OEM b-o-r bracelet.

177F6EC7-F16E-49DA-B5DC-FD97C787EBE0.jpeg

I call this one, The Color of MONEY

San Martin Water Ghost (Rolex Submariner Hulk homage)

PXL_20220112_204615222.PORTRAIT.jpg

Was lucky to pick up the new Pelagos FXD last month:

B38E6486-33C6-4BC6-B83F-0FAE6F4658E7.thumb.JPG.9b2293cab9954d9805d7af95434ea469.JPG

Adding to my cheap vintage collection… 

713A73C4-2EE4-41C2-8B03-A5F74697D2CB.jpeg

B89C9BD8-759E-4EAE-863B-6BE0FC73F331.jpeg

93015AD6-7827-4DF4-9166-FB966DE67B69.jpeg

Edited by cheapmuthafukr

1 minute ago, goodrain said:

lovely lady's watch

Why would you say it’s a ladies watch?

Just my first reaction. I guess all watches are unisex. Nice pickup!

have a new one coming in today that I’m pretty excited about. What’s everyone’s preference for straps or aftermarket bracelets for dive watches?

That's a lovely watch. I think that black nato looks perfect. A newer/nicer strap would not suit it as well.

32 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Huh? what the hell are you guys talking about at the top of the page... what's AD? :blush2:

AD is watch-speak for "authorized dealer".  Basically a retailer which is authorized by the brand to sell current year watches.

Okay I'm now officially too fat to wear any of my jeans. But I can still wear a watch! (with a little adjustment for my now much larger wrist)

I'm not a hardcore collector like some the other posters, (I'm looking at you @aho) but these are the ones I wear the most.

1) Oldie but goodie, Seiko SNA413. I've had this for 20 years and it got its first service last week.

2) Grand Seiko SBGA229, sort of my daily beater for about the past 3 years.

3) Grand Seiko SBGJ237, I always wanted a GMT and I've always wanted a Hi-beat movement. There you go.

424164696_SeikoSNA413.thumb.jpg.130e9222875acd42b47a5431a7ed8d43.jpg

947973285_GrandSeikoSBGA229.thumb.jpg.01bed0bebce4ea44e1e4402dcc08c820.jpg

367143594_GrandSeikoSBGJ237.thumb.jpg.c7a51911d540443a711a68991de4978e.jpg

Ended up finding a cheap solid link oyster cheap in 18mm… but, looks like the sea wolf is 11/16”. 17.25mm. Broke out a file and worked the end links till they just fit. It’s not correct, but I like it. 

99D35E6C-4CBD-4608-9ADC-E42FE88FFC24.jpeg

Looks good! and props on the DIY skillz

Edited by goodrain

Speedmaster! The updated bracelet is heaven sent (and vintagey to boot, nice slim look and taper)

8DF9D061-4FD5-44B4-A0C4-A32729F18403.thumb.JPG.770011907ebfa5b2f3bd92b6e1109206.JPG

one luxury watch every 2 months

I'm gonna guess that you are doing/have done very well in the stock/crypto market

2 hours ago, goodrain said:

one luxury watch every 2 months

I'm gonna guess that you are doing/have done very well in the stock/crypto market

Wish that were the case! :laugh2: 

The good thing about watches (or at least the hype pieces I buy into) is that they'll relatively hold their value long term, and sometimes gain (ie: Rolex). The truth is they're not all keepers but it's fun to experience them, especially when I've built the relationships that enable access to some of the harder pieces to get. 

4 hours ago, goodrain said:

I'm going to start making my better posts into NFT's.. registering them on the blockchain and selling them off to forum n00bs who want to sound more knowledgeable :D

I'll be rich! rich i tell's ya!!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

9 hours ago, aho said:

Wish that were the case! :laugh2: 

The good thing about watches (or at least the hype pieces I buy into) is that they'll relatively hold their value long term, and sometimes gain (ie: Rolex). The truth is they're not all keepers but it's fun to experience them, especially when I've built the relationships that enable access to some of the harder pieces to get. 

That makes sense. What other watches are you looking to get? You are mostly a Rolex guy, right? Won't be messing with stuff like AP?

7 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I'm going to start making my better posts into NFT's.. registering them on the blockchain and selling them off to forum n00bs who want to sound more knowledgeable :D

I'll be rich! rich i tell's ya!!

Your next "better post" will be your first FOREEL :laugh: