twistedtrees

Bags, backpacks, duffles, messenger, slings, etc.

It's pretty good, I've had it for 2 years now and quality wise it still looks brand new. Pockets are good and useful, you can actually fit a surprisingly lot of stuff in there (yay for 13'' laptop compartment) and the zippers are good. I don't get to use mine that often, but I usually use it as a camera bag when I'm out and about. 

The only 2 things I would've changed about it is the lack of a tri-point system, which would come in handy when cycling, and that I had to get used to the fact that it sits pretty horizontal on your back. When I got it I was expecting it to be more like a traditional waist bag that goes from top left shoulder to the bottom right. 

Edited by Warakia

You can just buy a Stabilizer Strap from DSPTCH to use on their sling: https://www.dsptch.com/collections/packs/products/stabilizer-strap-s

Also, you can wear the sling "upside down" so it sits vertical on your back -- that's my preferred way to carry it.

according to pictures the DSPTCH with a BAGJACK 3-point system looks doable. you will need to:

––remove siderelease buckles from the D strap and attach them to both ends of B strap or they can be replaced with gatekeeper tension locks because you will not need a strap with 3 side release buckles

––they look like they are both 50mm webbing, in case they are not you could cut the D strap and sew it with the wider/thinner B strap or you can add a webbing with  D ring and loop it in a similar way that is on the 3A-1/3TS bags

––it looks like here is some kind of loop on the back of the D sling, thats where you need to connect the stabilizer strap from B strap

––you can sew it there or attach a gatekeeper tensionlock which is sewfree solution

dsptch.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the D sling pack but I do own a B strap, therefore I am not 100% sure about the process to be sewfree. Even if it will involve some sewing it will be few straight stitches that are doable on home machine.

I checked last night, it definitely cannot be done sewfree. But if you don't mind sewing then replacing them can be done, however part of the buckle is integrated deep into the bag so I think you will end up with 3 buckles regardless. 

Buying the stabilizer strap separately would be great! But they charge a minimum of $50 for shipping to China for a $8 strap, lol. But I think I can source one here actually, need to look around.  

I'm gonna try the upside down thing when I get home branespload, never actually thought of it. 

i've had the dsptch daypack for over 2yrs now (it might have changed slightly since then) and it's not perfect, but is overall v good and also great value for money. still want a vis but don't think i can ever justify spending that much even after all these years.

also own the dpstch 'waist bag' which i'm not so keen on, although the magnetic closure is nice. i generally just use a tote bag for most things, or a small chums pouch that i bought from tokyu hands almost a decade ago:

imgrc0065857601.jpg

(don't know what the teal thing is, mine doesn't have that).

Edited by conqueror

I checked last night, it definitely cannot be done sewfree. 

what part needs to be sewn?

found out t can be done sewless. the straps are both 50mm (2''), you just need to play around with looping the 3PS in the siderelease buckle.

dsptch2.png

On 4 januari 2017 at 6:31 PM, danii said:

what part needs to be sewn?

My bad, I read it as without cutting. Yeah, if you cut the D strap then it can be done. 

On 26/01/2017 at 3:08 PM, branespload said:

Many smart features. Did you figure out if it's possible to adjust the shoulder strap length when carrying the bag/under load?

Edit: I got a reply from them, saying that "adjustment should be possible even under load.  You would just need to unlock the bottom cam and pull the tab to adjust."

Edited by hjpx
added reply from TAD

Anyone going to grab the new bagjack sniper bag? Not a huge fan of camo but I still think it looks dope
1678_1.jpg

I don't really get cobra buckles on shoulder straps though, theyre heavy enough as a belt buckle

Edited by awex

13 minutes ago, awex said:

Anyone going to grab the new bagjack sniper bag? I really like the function, less the camo cordura 

Haven't had the chance to handle it, but I'll point out that there's a "plain" black version available on the product page—it's just not in any of the product photos. In any case, that's the first bag I've seen since buying my 3a-1 that feels like something I'd want to buy... just not sure about the external branding.

Also—I expect this has been discussed in the past, but will the bagjack 3-point strap work fine with my 3a-1? The straps seem like they should fit, but I wanted to check.

Edited by junkie_dolphin

On 04/02/2017 at 3:33 AM, junkie_dolphin said:

Haven't had the chance to handle it, but I'll point out that there's a "plain" black version available on the product page—it's just not in any of the product photos. In any case, that's the first bag I've seen since buying my 3a-1 that feels like something I'd want to buy... just not sure about the external branding.

Also—I expect this has been discussed in the past, but will the bagjack 3-point strap work fine with my 3a-1? The straps seem like they should fit, but I wanted to check.

I only have bagjacks bags, but the 3 point strap system definitely is the same, and acronym bags are made in collaboration with bagjack. 

On the topic of the 3a-1, anyone remember if and when they were restocked around this time last year? Trying to decide if I should keep waiting or grab that TAD bag for an upcoming trip. Certainly not gonna pay grailed prices...

Im not 100% but I thought they dropped same day as the rest of the collection last spring... then they restock any returns roughly a month later.  I imagine we won't see many returns in the future though. 

Anyone know of any brands that use black dyneema in their packs? I'm familiar with the HMG Daybreak and Outlier's offerings but haven't found any more than those two brands.

Have you guys seen the new techline messenger from Bagjack? Was waiting on the 3A drop, but I almost think I like this more.NXL-MESSENGER-M-1671_2.jpgNXL-MESSENGER-M-1671_4.jpg

Saw it in shop quickly and saw someone with it at a gallery opening, mighty impressive. I haven't had time to go to the Bagjack store (they only open between 14 and 19...), but I hope I can come check it some time.

2 hours ago, naashi said:

Anyone know of any brands that use black dyneema in their packs? I'm familiar with the HMG Daybreak and Outlier's offerings but haven't found any more than those two brands.

SDR

21 hours ago, tv_ice said:

Have you guys seen the new techline messenger from Bagjack? Was waiting on the 3A drop, but I almost think I like this more.

20 hours ago, exhaust fumes said:

Ugh, so many cobra buckles...

Yeah, no kidding. I wish they would have stuck with fidlock, like those way more. Also the price seems really high. 

Yeah fidlocks on the main flap would make way more sense. Gotta admit I'm a sucker for that big cobra buckle on the strap though

Edited by tv_ice

hype has necessitated diy. Local surplus and fabric store was a total of $80. I only just added the qlqr strap. By no means the cleanest craftsmanship. But for a bag and 2 attachments at that price...

IMG_1701.JPG

Hello bros, hope you all are doing well!

Just found the huge discount of Veilance Nomin backpack on eastdane, use code GOBIG17 when submit your order and you will get 20% off discount!

Says the event will be end on 5th March so be quick.

Anyone here have experience with the shadow project transformable bag and how to configure it and it's straps ?

I have one but unsure if I am going to get much use out of it, without knowing the full potential.