While I have no doubt the workmanship is great. Aesthetically, that boot looks aweful.

I agree...the sole/toebox proportions bring back memories of a particularly silly looking pair of Whites from a custom order gone wrong...;)

Outstanding Brian. Just excellent work.

Thank you for the kind sincerity. :) Check out this resole I did on a pair of Chippewa 97863. I converted them to a 40's style with a Full leather sole, woodsman heel, and took out the Celastic on the toe.

F6A98CAD-9531-43F4-8C7F-5E0A2F48F35B_zps

ACC30432-AA91-4831-B70B-0B0EB12F3726_zps

Here is my dead stock Chippewa 40s pair for comparison. That job really is top notch.12274072696_1e416fd197_z.jpgWell done Brian.

Thank you. I did my best to get the exact stitches per inch. I never seen someone have a deadstock pair of 40's Chips. That's really cool!

rayw44,

What shirt are you wearing in that picture above? I've been considering a navy polka dot shirt for a while now but just haven't seen the right one. I know it's only a shot of your sleeve but it could be interesting,

Before:

EB0A9015-920B-4AFE-BF7B-E5DF72EC040C_zps

This customer wanted me to last the upper on the 0-200 last, tighten the shaft of the boots, replace straps and buckles, and resole them with Dr. Sole Raw Cord Full Sole.

After:

34918603-4CEA-4282-9E63-EADDE2D7318E_zps

41E4D255-A845-44B2-81B2-C39222EACDEB_zps

I installed the Classic Role Club Wing Straps that will be seen in my upcoming Role Club engineer boot release.

Edited by BrianTheBootmaker

Perfect, great pictures and the last image is superb. Actually, you're beginning to make Red Wing appeal to me. How do you find working on them compared to anything else - for instance when you are re-working vintage WWII boots (original Corcoran, Herman, Endicott Johnson, International Shoe Co... what have you) ?

I will always enjoy working on vintage boot more than anything, but what I always liked about Redwings are their uppers. Very simple and clean. Once I deconstruct the bottom and hand welt the boots by hand they are good to go. In my opinion a welted boot is a superior quality boot amongst other bottom constructions.

Here is a double midsole resole on a pair of Redwing 8181

C854FB6E-D4A2-413F-9E97-2B0E9C320F4F_zps

73BB3F3F-6011-4606-80FA-0633F343A54F_zps

Brian TheBootmaker, 

Do you generally stock Dr. Sole's stuff?

Yes I have a stock of Dr. Soles. I am in the process of stocking more on the Raw Cord Halfsoles

Try some vigorous scrubbing with a damp sponge/cloth. If that doesn't work, you can try regular dish detergent soap, it usually does the trick. If that doesn't work, try some steel wool with some soap. If none of these options work, ou may need to get a solvent (turpentine or the like) to get it completely off.

The only caveat for all of these is to be very careful where you rub. If you hit the leather with the steel wool or a solvent, you are going to lose some finish. The elbow grease or soap would most likely just remove the shine.

Brian The Bootmaker, when, oh when, oh when, oh when, oh when are your Engineer Boots going to be ready? I really want to see what they look like as your repair work is amazing.

Thank you for the interest! I don't have an official release date. Horween leather takes about 16 weeks to ship the leather. Also my brass roller buckles from Japan are still coming in. I'm very excited to releas these engineer boots. I will only be able to make a limited pair of engineer boots every 2 months because I will be making them from start to finish.

Here is another resole I just finished.

Viberg Resole with Dr. Sole Raw Cord By Role Club

1F41B088-A423-451A-8C16-5D01511E4C1C_zps

4051F963-BF5C-4B95-92E2-4549F2A086AB_zps

83CAE807-0843-43B2-9247-2EA7B0D9BBE2_zps

Brian The Bootmaker, when, oh when, oh when, oh when, oh when are your Engineer Boots going to be ready? I really want to see what they look like as your repair work is amazing.

I spoke too soon. The brass roller buckles came in today. Now this is what a roller buckle should look like!

BFC3915B-1F1D-4C0C-B046-A770F5BA9BBD_zps